• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Skywest vs the Old Skywest....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First let’s be clear, Skywest is not the same airline I hired on with a decade ago. I have watched year after year as management has reduced the benefits of this job while stacking large sums of money into the company coffers

As an outsider watching from the other coast, it sure seems so.

I remember when they declined ALPA in the late nineties--the attitude was "we all get along, we're paid above average, we're treated well." And that certainly seemed to be the case in the late 90's.

It seems like things went to sh!t around the time the 70-seat rates came out. Connection?

I've been on the fence for a long time. Being in an industry where if you lose your job you start at the bottom it seems absolutely foolish to trust another human being with your livelyhood. There are people who I've trusted for a long time and then they've turned on me. After reviewing the facts, the lies and deception I don't feel it is wise to trust Skywest management anymore. Even after a judge comes out and reviews all of the facts of the latest case (Don D) and makes a judgement against Skywest they come out claiming innocent. Last summer they were sued by ALPA and lost. It seems to me that they can't admit their mistakes. They think they do no wrong. Deception is the norm anymore. I casted my vote.

Agreed. Nice post! Keep preachin it! Some people are coming around.

I recently flew with a new FO and handed him the 2 page letter from KB and the summary judgment about Don from the judge. I asked him to read both and give me his thoughts. The previously Anti-union FO really had a hard time with it and couldn't justify TF's actions or KB's letter. Might have even changed his vote.

I just hope that management keeps sending out those letters. It is really helping.

Yeah, well you forgot to capitalize the first word of your sentence. Jesus....go vote for ALPA, it will give you something to do for the next 2 minutes!

Latest resources

Back