• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest Pay Package Riding Coattails of ASA/XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What "regional" other than Skywest has Jepp Airside Service? It's been nice to leave 30 pounds off the bag hook since that started. Does that count for anything?

1.95% x $656,224.98 = $12,796.39 (That's what I've saved in dues since I've been at a non union carrier)

Y'all have a good time tellin' me what a bad deal I've got workin' at Skywest.

Too bad I don't get that ALPA magazine every month, I guess.

Sorry. Gotta' run. I've gotta' get on a deadhead (100% scheduled time pay). Oops. Forgot. It's minimum daily guarantee. That'll be 3:45 . . . No, wait, 3:57 after the new agreement is approved. That sucks, NOT!

P.S. I honestly don't know if that $656K included all the stock options and bonus money over the years.

And just imagine how much MORE you could have made had you guys NOT agreed to fly the 700/900 for 200 pay for the time that you did? As well as NOT let that 18 month pay freeze go 36.

Good luck in this industry without a contract.. Sucker.

That line is getting pretty old.... I have heard that for over 15 years and still havent seen the benefits that ALPA would have brought the OO guys...

What "regional" other than Skywest has Jepp Airside Service? It's been nice to leave 30 pounds off the bag hook since that started. Does that count for anything?

1.95% x $656,224.98 = $12,796.39 (That's what I've saved in dues since I've been at a non union carrier)

Y'all have a good time tellin' me what a bad deal I've got workin' at Skywest.

Too bad I don't get that ALPA magazine every month, I guess.

Sorry. Gotta' run. I've gotta' get on a deadhead (100% scheduled time pay). Oops. Forgot. It's minimum daily guarantee. That'll be 3:45 . . . No, wait, 3:57 after the new agreement is approved. That sucks, NOT!

P.S. I honestly don't know if that $656K included all the stock options and bonus money over the years.

I'd be willing to bet the kool-aid you're carrying around weighs more than the Jepps did!!

Are the ASA and ExpressJet employees at a higher boarding priority on their own aircraft than their mainline counterparts? Didn't need a union here at SkyWest to get that nice little luxury.

What prevents all that from being taken away? No contract to protect any of it. Wait until Jerry decides on a whim to shift somethings around to his other "subsidiaries" . His profit and bottom line remains unchanged, yours............not so much.

Good luck in this industry without a contract. Even Jerry has a contract. Sucker.

Whenever a thread deteriorates to this level I just substitute the words "blankey" for union and "pacifier" for contract. Then the emotion and irrational attachments make much more sense.

Last edited:
And just imagine how much MORE you could have made had you guys NOT agreed to fly the 700/900 for 200 pay for the time that you did? As well as NOT let that 18 month pay freeze go 36.

Ahem! You cats gutted any significant override at the 'small jet' level with that stunt. But getting air side Jeps sounds like an awesome trade off though. :laugh: As I've said b4, the debacle in growth of Uncle Jerry's replacement circus has peaked.

That line is getting pretty old.... I have heard that for over 15 years and still havent seen the benefits that ALPA would have brought the OO guys...

A contract isn't the savior against all that ails the industry. Nothing can counter poor management decisions. A contract is sort of like a pre-nuptial agreement. Sure, Skywest has been growing and times have been good. When things turn down, or times get tough you will wish you had some sort of legal written agreement to fall back on.

Jerry has held that carrot just far enough in front of your nose to keep you working very hard. He has done a skillful job of keeping pilots unorganized by luring you into a false sense of security by keeping your pay a few percentage points below par. Don't think it can't change.

When it gets ugly, and it probably will, you will want to have unity with ALL your fellow pilots, and a good contract to protect what you've earned. Without that, you are even more disposable.

One list, one voice.

Bottom line is that Skywest pilots are undermining the contract negotiations of their fellow employees. XJT took a paycut because of them and now this. I hope that at some point a majority of them will start to contribute instead of dragging us down.

Bottom line is that Skywest pilots are undermining the contract negotiations of their fellow employees. XJT took a paycut because of them and now this. I hope that at some point a majority of them will start to contribute instead of dragging us down.

Question, How did they cause a paycut at XJT? I doubt that the majority will get to that point anytime soon.

Latest resources

Back