• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest Pay Package Riding Coattails of ASA/XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are the ASA and ExpressJet employees at a higher boarding priority on their own aircraft than their mainline counterparts? Didn't need a union here at SkyWest to get that nice little luxury.

Don't know about Express, but at ASA yes. But that has nothing to do with a contract between pilots and Skywest Inc.

Question, How did they cause a paycut at XJT? I doubt that the majority will get to that point anytime soon.

Ah yes....a little history. Back when SKWY first proposed purchasing XJT in that underhanded deal orchestrated by CAL, your Uncle Jerry clearly stated in front of our MEC that we'd have to become more "cost competitive" in order to maintain our flying rather than transfer those aircraft to Skywest Airlines. Oh, that's in addition to the hundreds of furloughs. In the end the BOD felt that staying independent was best yet had to match the CPA that Skywest was gunning for, basically a bare-bones agreement with CAL.

CAL had whipsawed XJT against Skywest, in doing so they got a lower cost CPA which ended up putting the screws to the XJT pilots.

Seriously man..wake the F up to this industry.

I have two questions for any Skywest pilots...

1. What is the benefit of merging two airlines, say Delta-Northwest or ASA/XJT when under one holding company?

2. Why does Skywest management see a benefit for merging ASA/XJT yet not merging ASA/XJT/Skywest?

1. What is the benefit of merging two airlines, say Delta-Northwest or ASA/XJT when under one holding company?

2. Why does Skywest management see a benefit for merging ASA/XJT yet not merging ASA/XJT/Skywest?

I have a question for you. Why are you asking questions like that to pilots.

I have a question for you. Why are you asking questions like that to pilots.

Are you people reading this?! This is his answer, another question.

Do you find it absurd to question our management's actions? Personally I ask myself those questions because managements actions impact my life through my salary and QOL. So please take a stab at those two questions, get inside management's head...they are the people that sit on the other side of the negotiation table (in my case).

Here's a proposition for a fun activity:

SkyWest pilots...Talk Atlantic Southeast/ExpressJet pilots into mimicking the SkyWest non-union structure. Would that be better for SkyWest pilots (while INC owns all of us)?

And just imagine how much MORE you could have made had you guys NOT agreed to fly the 700/900 for 200 pay for the time that you did? As well as NOT let that 18 month pay freeze go 36.

Ahem! You cats gutted any significant override at the 'small jet' level with that stunt. But getting air side Jeps sounds like an awesome trade off though. :laugh: As I've said b4, the debacle in growth of Uncle Jerry's replacement circus has peaked.

When you say "you cats", who are you referring to?

1. Reduction of cost structure and overhead from 2 down to 1. (i.e. Mgnt positions etc) Also a much larger buying power for things. Probably a lot more too, but I'm just a pilot.

2. No idea. But they have made very successful moves so far. A guess would be because they can do pretty much anything at any time to Skywest IF they need too.

The same ten people using the same 2 arguments. I could go back 5 years and read the same exact arguments I am reading today. Gotta love it.

The title of the thread says it all. Whether you feel that way or not, that's the consensus. Feeloading hippies.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back