• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Orleans... very sad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(congressional black caucus) It was only a matter of time before some one played the race card. "The difference between those that lived and died was/is a matter of skin color and poverty level." -paraphased from the CBC spokensmen.

o well its friday, i have the day off - think I'll go wax my BMW and think of more ways to keep the black man down.

macfly said:
o well its friday, i have the day off - think I'll go wax my BMW and think of more ways to keep the black man down.
Why don't you do that! You have nothing but excuses and denial to offer on these boards, and the federal government has got that area well covered.

jarhead said:
It's important for you to protect and deflect criticism of the federal authorities and the administration, isn't it? Not Bushes fault. He didn't cause this. The blame has to be put on the mayor of that large city. You have your heroes to protect no matter how badly they screwed the pooch.

You may have totally missed the point the mayor was making, but I think you intentionally misrepresented his plea. He was not implying that he needed more luxury in buses like a Greyhound over a school bus. He was pleading that it is not enough for the scope of this calamity. They need far more transport than they have available. Do you believe that all the school buses were spared from being wrecked by flood waters? For gods sake, just look at the pictures taken all over that state with trucks and cars totally submerged, no electricity to pump gasoline even if they had vehicles, and water up to the second floors of buildings. I just cannot understand the denial some people have, and how they want to blame the victim, and deflect any criticism of federal authority.

What I was trying to point out is that the major had a shotty plan and now is having a melt down blaming the national resources. He did not have a sound plan, as you stated "he was pleading that it is not enough for the scope of this calamity." Whos fault is that? Why did'nt he have a better plan for his city.

Wait it just hit me, I know what the mayors plan was; lets put people in the superdome and let the federal government come save our collective @sses.

Not very sound.

macfly said:
What I was trying to point out is that the major had a shotty plan and now is having a melt down blaming the national resources. He did not have a sound plan, as you stated "he was pleading that it is not enough for the scope of this calamity." Whos fault is that? Why did'nt he have a better plan for his city.

Wait it just hit me, I know what the mayors plan was; lets put people in the superdome and let the federal government come save our collective @sses.

Not very sound.
I give up. I'm on a fool’s errand trying to educate you. This disaster is so far beyond the scope of any mayor and any state's governor to handle, that it requires a massive federal response. How many police officers do you think N.O. has?

Here I go again. I'm going to stop replying to you on this topic for the reason stated in my second sentence above. Bye-bye, macfly.

Scamble those b52s, load em up with fried shrimp and fanta orange then procede to carpet bomb NO.

It would work with MREs, a fanta might cause some damage.

JimNtexas said:
It's clear that a month ago President Bush should have declared New Orleans "District of Columbia 2" and just taken the place over.

Seeing that the entire city and state chain of command are Democrats it was oblivious that there was no way they could be expected to take care of themselves for even a day in any sort of emergency.

I have it on good authority that in the weeks before the hurricane Bush never once called the Mayor of NO and warned him that the city might need a hurricane plan of some kind beyond going on TV and blaming somebody else.

It's Bush's fault for trusting Democrats to be able to govern themselves.

I think the whole thing is God's punishment for lettin' the queers take over the French Quarter.

:D

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, didn't the french quarter actually fare pretty well in the whole thing? If it was an act of an angry god, she must be a big fan of irony.

Gosh, we've been busted. You have all learned about President Bush's plan: "Operation Get Rid of the Darkies".

polysciguy9 said:
If I remember correctly, didn't the french quarter actually fare pretty well in the whole thing? If it was an act of an angry god, she must be a big fan of irony.
You are partially correct. The French Quarter is at a slightly higher elevation than most of the city, and the standing flood water is not as bad as other places. However, the old buildings suffered massive damage from the wind and rain of Katrina. The FQ is drier, but it is still wrecked and basically a heap of torn up buildings and debris littered streets with no power, and impassable roads due to trees and debris.

Latest resources

Back