New Orleans... very sad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JCJ said:
Hard for me to get too bent out of shape about "looters" taking food, clothing, etc. from damaged stores.

I also can understand taking food and water. After all, people have to survive. But to load up a cart full of DVDs or to help yourself to a new refrigerator....that's a different story.

RunUp said:
I also can understand taking food and water. After all, people have to survive. But to load up a cart full of DVDs or to help yourself to a new refrigerator....that's a different story.

agreed...

apparently there have been electronics, guns, etc looted. FOX is reporting that gangs armed with rifles and assault weapons are roving the city (guns & ammo have been looted as well). Apparently several news agencies have removed their people for their personal safety.

My wife and I had our first out of town date in New Orleans. Aside from the sheer humanity of the situation, I hate to see this for the city. I wonder if it will be anywhere near the same ever.

RunUp said:

I wonder, after sitting in knee deep water for a week with no food, electricity, or A/C, how "valuable" the stolen DVDs and TVs will seem. I personally wouldn't waste the effort to carry one away if I found one in the street.

BTW, where are all the gators? I figured CNN or somebody would have shown some swiimming downtown by now. I thought I read once where gators actually outnumbered people in southern LA?

Thanks all.

Here is a link of my pics. If you look at the first two, I have posted what I saw the other day. Sorry I could not link directly to the pics. This was a few hours before a main pump failed, and supposidly the water rose even higher. What broke my heart was all the victims flashing us with flashlights for help when we were departing (we have no night vision devices and could only work until the last drop of daylight).:

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/imagesearch.html?handle=mudkow60&handlebox=1&submit=go

Almost had my HAC papers pulled today because of what we did (for non military, that would be like revoking my ability to fly as Captain).

The crews of both aircraft said they would do it again in a heartbeat and so would I.

I still cannot watch the news without feeling sick and ill.

Last edited:
Clothing, mostly OK, liquor, not OK, guns, ammo, electronics, shopping carts of anything on the shelves, not OK.

Wasn't SHeppard Smith holed up in the French Quarter during the storm?

JCJ said:
FOX is reporting that gangs armed with rifles and assault weapons are roving the city
Rifles AND assault weapons?

Hillary Clinton, is that you?

Latest resources

Back