• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Orleans... very sad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very true Jarhead. I guess I'm not conveying what I'm thinking.

The only reason I am saying that it may be a bad idea to rebuild N.O. is because it is BELOW sea level. The flood waters have receeded from every place that is sea level or above. The recovery effort is underway there. There is no sewage floating around. Houses can still be salvaged, even though they had water in them. Everything in N.O. is going to be nearly a total loss due to the saturation with raw sewage and disease filled waters.

Let's at least give ourselves a fighting chance, build at sea level or above. Below sea level on the coast is an unnecessary risk.

Rebuild Rebuild

Regardless if New Orleans is below sea level the city needs to be rebuilt. Charleston, SC was devastated by hurricane Hugo in 1989. It was rebuilt and is one of the most beautiful cities in America. If it were your home you’d want help rebuilding and besides where will Mardi Gras be held. What will become of all of those beads? :) The “Big Easy” needs to be rebuilt.

What happened?

mudkow60 said:
Almost had my HAC papers pulled today because of what we did (for non military, that would be like revoking my ability to fly as Captain).

The crews of both aircraft said they would do it again in a heartbeat and so would I.

Mudkow,
What happened that (almost) caused you to lose your HAC papers?

Thanks for doing what you do, man.

I salute you.

PHX767

Mudkow, you are in my prayers. No one should have to see the sights you have witnessed, or feel the pain you must feel. Thank you for standing by your beliefs ("doing it again in a heartbeat"). You are so very much appreciated.

Hey Mudkow, explain to us what is really going on. Why won't your command support the rescue effort? Is it because of the danger in the area from armed looters? I know that is keeping many boats away. If you can, give us some details.

Flying Illini said:
Hey Mudkow, explain to us what is really going on. Why won't your command support the rescue effort? Is it because of the danger in the area from armed looters? I know that is keeping many boats away. If you can, give us some details.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/press/release.php?release=143

Yea, it's to give time for god to get even with them.

mudkow60 said:
I can not believe that my command will not support the rescue effort. I am at my wits end.

What's their justification? Don't tell me they're waiting for some official request paperwork to go through...

Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do, and just deal with the consequences later.

Thanks for helping those that are in need.

It's almost like they're letting people die on purpose.

When there are catastrophies in other countries the U.S. military is there immediately with aid, food, and water.

Many of the people of N.O. are saying that even after 4 days they haven't seen ANY MILITARY or AID groups.

People are starving to death.

I almost think the LOOTING EXCUSE is being played up, to make up for their LOSS OF CONTROL. If troops would have been in there immediately with food and water, there would not be as much looting.

This is getting RIDICULOUS!

I just got finished watching Scarborough Country on MSNBC and REPUBLICAN Joe Scarborough was disgusted at the Bush administration for the lack of aid. He was pissed and blaming Bush. Can you believe that? He was sickened by the people starving to death for no reason.

Jet

Latest resources

Back