Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nice first they have pft.

now they have PFR. Pay for Room.

Horizon is double occupancy during ground school (free waffles!), single during sim, and single thereafter during recurrent. Pay starts day one, (16 hours week at 1st year pay [$28.52/hr]; no per diem in ground school, but per diem during sim. There is a "training reimbursement agreement" at Horizon ($5,500 w/ 24 month commitment for the 200 and 400; $8,000 w/ 36 month commitment for the RJ).

I was initially disappointed to have to share a room. But it worked out fine. Four weeks in a really small room with nothing but a micro and refrig isn't a vacation by any means, but having a kind of built-in study partner is a plus.

To UZAInstructor: I got you beat by a decade, so I think you're making too much of the age issue. But stick to your guns and march into the CP's office the first day of training and tell him/her that having to share a room is beneath your dignity. Better yet, ask during the interview what the training accomodations are. If they don't meet your standards, then, if offered a position, tell them you decline on the basis that you don't feel you are being treated like an adult.

ReverseSensing said:
To UZAInstructor: I got you beat by a decade, so I think you're making too much of the age issue. But stick to your guns and march into the CP's office the first day of training and tell him/her that having to share a room is beneath your dignity. Better yet, ask during the interview what the training accomodations are. If they don't meet your standards, then, if offered a position, tell them you decline on the basis that you don't feel you are being treated like an adult.

I don't have to do any of that, I took a job at an airline that has single occupancy during training, as well as full 72 hr guarantee and per diem. I'm not a prima donna by any means, like it would seem you are insinuating. I just feel it's another degradation of the profession and people are just saying "oh well, it's not that bad".

ASA paid for single occupancy rooms. They also paid 75 hour guarantee from day one.

Back in the day, ACA didn't pay or provide any type of room, you had to fend for yourself. Training pay there was $200 per week.

My how the industry changes.

I didn't realize how many places share rooms now. In 4 airlines I have never run across one that shares rooms at anytime.

More proof of the reprogramming of the airline pilot. Seems from the comments that most of the young pilots see this as completly normal now.

Glad I never had to do it.....I fart way too much for a roomie!!!!:D

Yup I must be a newbie to the industry....I just haven’t figured out that this is just the way it is and O ya I should just be happy to have an offer with such a wonderful company. It is just like UZA said we 'adults' should not be expected to live in a dorm style environment like we did in college. And its people like you BlackBox who just accept these substandard work rules / contracts that make our industry even worse than it already is, O ya great job on negotiating no longer paying out of pocket for training…excuse me if I am not over-impressed. Just because a few other airlines do something doesn’t make it right, dumba**.

When you hire 200hr wonders out of college it's pretty easy to make them pretend it's still college by having them double bunk.

sad just sad

Ganja, you buttpirate. Will you please put spaces after the commas in the TYPE column in your profile?

Your friend,

Shy

Latest resources

Back