• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

new low for pinnacle

HulkHogan

New hires at pinnacle are now expected to share a room, thats not share a suite is share a two bed hotel room. And the best part is they are not telling people this until they go to check in at the hotel. I wonder why? You people need to stand up for yourselves over there how much lower can the lifestyle be dragged down before 19 year old flight insturctors will quit accepting jobs. Before long PNCL pilots will be sharing a room on the RON and sharing a bed in training, but hey its not so bad it is a king size bed!

Eagle just changed it to dual occupancy training with the last contract. But hey, everyone who voted already has a job here!

First off, yes that does suck.

I remember as a new hire at then COEx, we had the same thing. Does anyone know if new-hire XJT pilots get their own rooms or not?

I think SkyWest is double occupancy as well.

HulkHogan said:
New hires at pinnacle are now expected to share a room, thats not share a suite is share a two bed hotel room.
I think this is pretty standard for the regionals. AWAC is the only one that I know of that is single occupency and full pay from day 1, and no training contract. I'm sure there are others (like comair and horizon) but I'm not 100% sure.

It could be worse; atleast those pinnacle guys don't have to pay for their hotel, a la mesa. I have a buddy who spent $1k his first month on hotels @ mesa. That, and they don't pay you until you start sim training.

~wheelsup

Unfortunely CHQ does too.

Some ways to get out of it:
1. Be a chick
2. tell them one of you smokes and will not be put up with a smoker.
3. tell them your roomate snores loudly and you can't sleep with them.

D

Great Lakes also has duel occupancy. Get off your high horse Hulk

Mesaba is single occupancy, full pay from day one = at least until the contract gets thrown out, then it won't matter because we won't work under an imposed contract.

It could be worse; atleast those pinnacle guys don't have to pay for their hotel, a la mesa. I have a buddy who spent $1k his first month on hotels @ mesa. That, and they don't pay you until you start sim training.

~wheelsup[/quote]

Mesa pays from day 1... They dont provide hotel until you pass your written.

wheelsup said:
I have a buddy who spent $1k his first month on hotels @ mesa. That, and they don't pay you until you start sim training.
~wheelsup

Wrong. Mesa pays you your full guarantee from day one of class. No hotel till you pass your written. -Bean

Latest resources

Back