• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

new low for pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa pays from day 1... They dont provide hotel until you pass your written.
Interesting. Not according to the people I talked to at CAE...

~wheelsup

EDIT: Is it per diem or full guarantee you are talking about?

EDIT #2: Thanks for clearing that up bean - I was under the impression from some @ CAE that they did not.

Colgan does double occupancy but if the guy is pretty cool it really isnt so bad. Look how many guys sleep in a barracks for basic training. It is only about 5-6 weeks of your life. They pay you 50 bucks a day in training. Not great and not mesa. I just heard Mesa is owned by Walmart..... LOL
Here is a thought though for all the guys instructing and wanting to be career pilots. It isnt like you HAVE to choose this industry for a career. You can always do something else..... unless of course you went to Riddle..... ROFL

pianoman said:
First off, yes that does suck.

I remember as a new hire at then COEx, we had the same thing. Does anyone know if new-hire XJT pilots get their own rooms or not?

New hire XJT pilots in training have to share a room down in Houston.

If you're gay, do you room with a chick?

If you're gay but don't tell them, are you in heaven?

If you start out straight but become gay during training, can you sue?

Serious possibilities here....

The majors do it too.

When I was a newhire at AA most newhires had to share a room. I lucked out though a had a room to myself. Sometimes being the most junior guy in class has its priviledges!! :D

HulkHogan said:
New hires at pinnacle are now expected to share a room, thats not share a suite is share a two bed hotel room. And the best part is they are not telling people this until they go to check in at the hotel. I wonder why? You people need to stand up for yourselves over there how much lower can the lifestyle be dragged down before 19 year old flight insturctors will quit accepting jobs. Before long PNCL pilots will be sharing a room on the RON and sharing a bed in training, but hey its not so bad it is a king size bed!

YOu're an idiot. like bouttime said, get off your high horse. Dont think Pinnacle is the one and only regional that is double occupancy. Its more the norm, than the exception.

At skywest, they put you up at the candlewood suites, and some have to share a 1 bedroom "suite" with a pull-out sofa bed!

You people need to stand up for yourselves over there how much lower can the lifestyle be dragged down before 19 year old flight insturctors will quit accepting jobs.

Stand up for ourselves??? 10 years ago, you had to pay 10K for training. (again, it was almost the norm back then. I think Comair was the same way). then they went to no pay during training, but they didnt pay you either. Then recently they started paying $200 a week. Not a lot, but its something. Now they pay the 200 a week and put you up in a hotel, with a 1000 dollar signing bonus when you pass your checkride. And currently we are in Contract Negotiations, and 1 thing they want to do is make a new hire an employee from Day 1. Hotel and guarentee from the start. So before you go posting nonsense, get the info first.

I think you're the 19 yearold CFI that got turned down from pinnacle. So you come onto this messageboard to make yourself feel better by posting the most ridiculous thing about 9E, hoping you get a "yeah, pinnacle sucks" support group behind, only to get people replying to you about how much you have it wrong.

SO the next time you go look in the mirror, think damn i got turned down from a subpar regional that is despartely in need of F/Os.

PDT is double occupancy for ground school as well. Single once sim starts. Garuntee with half per diem (not sure where they came up with that) for all of training.

doug_or said:
Garuntee with half per diem (not sure where they came up with that) for all of training.

That's 'cause you're supposed to share the Doritos and Mountain Dew with your roomate!!

For anyone who says it's "not bad, it's only 5-6 weeks of your life" etc............we're not (supposed to be) kids or in college anymore. We're adults and this is supposed to be a professional field. Do you think Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, Duke Power (I'm just randomly picking companies here), basically any company, ask their employees to share a room when they send them for a seminar somewhere? And this includes brand new, college grad, 22 yr old employees.

Yes, the military has a bunch of guys in the same barracks, I know, I was in the Navy for 4 years, and it sucks. But, this isn't the military people, so that's not a valid excuse.

I don't care what any of you say about "getting off my high horse", it's insulting to be asked to share a room as an adult, like I'm back in the college dorms my freshman year. I'd even compare it to being asked to sit at the kid's table for Thanksgiving dinner.

Maybe it's cause I'm 30 now, and I've had some time to act and be treated like an adult, and to go back to less is regressive.

Latest resources

Back