Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Hires at Jetblue.... please.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I should also point out that there are about 2300 pilots at Pinnacle who have it a lot worse and for about 65% on the bottom the union really has not done much. That being said I do not want to work at a company that does not have a union. I just dont think an organization like ALPA does justice to represent regional carriers.

Sounds like newbie needs a blanket party. Completely chicken dung. Be a man.
Probably not a retired Delta pilot who was sold down the river by his fellow pilots and union brothers but who knows. Your avatar says it all.

Probably not a retired Delta pilot who was sold down the river by his fellow pilots and union brothers but who knows. Your avatar says it all.

Another juicer. Hate unions? You're perfect for this place. Dave gives hugs at every new hire class.

I use to have respect for military pilots until I joined the airlines.

I use to have respect for military pilots until I joined the airlines.

Oh snap!

In other news, a SWA pilot describes flying ex-military guys:

QUOTE-----------------------

Man I hate Colonels. That's the name us general aviation types have given to all of the ex-military pilots. The worst is a captain who used to be a single pilot fighter driver like an F-16 or F-18. They think they can do anything and they want to do everything themselves. Fine, go ahead and do everything. I'll just sit here and look pretty, waiting for you to f*ck up and let you know about it. Heh heh. They always eventually f*ck something up. I like the guy last month. On our first leg he's flying. I raise the gear handle and bring the flaps up after 1000 feet. After the flaps are up I'm supposed to put the gear handle back to off. Well before I even get the chance to reach he's pointing at it like I haven't done this a million times. Oh man, is that what kind of trip this is going to be? This is a really easy job. Trust me, after you get a few thousand hours in an airliner this is a REALLY easy job. Anyone who makes it harder than it has to be is a total a***ole.

Link: http://wwww.airliners.net/aviation-forums/non_aviation/read.main/1095597

ASA RJ FO new hire with blue juice and alcohol in his system wearing his new blue speedo at the pool trying to tell another pilot that Jetblue's health care is better than ASA's. Goddamn right you will get rolled in on. Health care is not something you want to be juiced, buzzed, stupid and arrogant talking to pilot with a family and two kids about.

Then she runs to the company.

WTF ASA?

Get ready boss. When you get mesaba pukes on your property I can assure you those will the elite juicers you will ever have the pleasure knowing. They will sit indian style on the floor drewling with what management will tell them and screw you guys over. All those people should stay where they are at and not make any lateral or forward move to continue to disgrace the aviation industry.

This thread is about condemning behavior, NOT throwing someone under the bus. The story has been adequately substantiated, but airing the details here WOULD be throwing someone under the bus. Suffice it to say that someone really did puss out and run to mama over a difference of opinion. The who is unimportant, but the what is unacceptable. Period.

Agreed. 100%. Age and maturity (life experiences) go a long way towards tempering behavior.

I am the new-hire that is being falsely accused on here. I shouldn't be surprised. When you chest thumpers don't have anything, you fall back on intimidation tactics.

First I definitely did NOT go to any chief pilot or anyone for that matter. I didn't even talk about the event after that day. I'm used to arguing with union folk. It did not intimidate or phase me in the least.

Secondly not an ASA FO. Was a captain for over 5 years. I've had multiple dealings with ALPA unlike the other guy who was just at skywest a few years before JB.

I don't know about all of the problems with JB and wasn't trying to pretend to. I was just pointing out that it is unrealistic to expect to have legacy pay/benefits on day one with a union without scoping out half of their flying just like the legacies did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back