Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Hires at Jetblue.... please.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Btw ask around a but and find out how the company addressed the JBPA. That response is why we have guys from USAir and TWA organizing the ALPA drive: not exactly the model for ALPA cheerleaders or chest thumpers there...

Btw ask around a but and find out how the company addressed the JBPA. That response is why we have guys from USAir and TWA organizing the ALPA drive: not exactly the model for ALPA cheerleaders or chest thumpers there...

Again I was not getting into any specifics. Was not trying to pretend I know what's going on at JB. All I was saying is that there are some potential negitives as well as positives with a union.

Did you say jetnlue health insurance is better than ASA?

JB's HRA/HSA is definitely cheaper than ASA's HSA. ASA still offers the standard insurance but the premium went up so drastically it is also expensive.

You better have more reasons than health insurance to push for ALPA. Paying ALPA $2,000-$4,000 a year in an attempt to reduce a $2,600, deductible, that is mostly paid for, might not work out so well.

Last edited:
Again I was not getting into any specifics. Was not trying to pretend I know what's going on at JB. All I was saying is that there are some potential negitives as well as positives with a union.

That angle is one you'll find most of us understand and agree with. As far as insurance goes, that particular degradation is just the latest, unfortunately. The problem is the company can, and does, take things away via email vs negotiation.

That angle is one you'll find most of us understand and agree with. As far as insurance goes, that particular degradation is just the latest, unfortunately. The problem is the company can, and does, take things away via email vs negotiation.

Unfortunately increasing cost of health insurance is not limited to just the airline industry. JB might be a little ahead of the curve but the only way I see the legacies keeping their benefits is through further, drastic relaxation of scope.

Day one and you are giving concessions to management.

Enjoy the bottom of blue. You deserve it.

Unfortunately increasing cost of health insurance is not limited to just the airline industry. JB might be a little ahead of the curve but the only way I see the legacies keeping their benefits is through further, drastic relaxation of scope.

Pure emotion. What did ASA scope out to finance better healthcare than blue. Enjoy the bottom.

Last edited:
Day one and you are giving concessions to management.

Enjoy the bottom of blue. You deserve it.

you did not read post #75. They don't have better health insurance. And you may be disappointed with the protections you get from a CBA. Like most of the contract that section is full of loose language. The company can make some changes without the members vote and they did.

"if it is necessary to negotiate benefit changes (e.g., increasing deductibles or co pay) with the insurance carrier(s), or if premium increases require greater contributions from pilots, the Company will notify the Association and provide an opportunity to discuss such changes prior to any changes." so they discuss it and it changes without your vote.

Latest resources

Back