Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Hires at Jetblue.... please.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA HSA is $11 a month.

BlueJet's is $380 a month.

What did SWA scope out to maintain pay and benefits? Your comparison lacks any basis in realty and is based upon pure emotion. SWA has a different model than the legacies. We have a different model too. We don't need feed. Neither does SWA. Legacies do or they would have fewer wide body frequency.

Until you been here a year you should probably just can it especially to a pilot with a very young child and a pregnant wife. Are you planning on using Jetblue health care or someone else's employer plan and is "jetblue's health care better than ASA's".

If you are planning on using Jetblue health care remember the seed money is pro rated for new hires but the $1.300 or $2,600 deductible is not.

No you can't because you do not know who you work for.

You just need to STFIU until you been here a little while. Learn this history of Dave Barger asking the pilots to work with him and get him the data and he will deliver. We have had 6 iterations of pay and benefits committee over the past 7 years.

We worked in good faith with Jetblue on PCG, PCGII, PCRB, CBC, WRC, PVC1 and PVC2 and the promises keep coming and we have gone backwards. For instance, we pointed out that our employer contributions to our retirement are not contractual. Jetblue said time and time again they were. Then the PVC hired BDO (Big 5 Accounting Firm). They took a look at our contract and produced a report to the company and PVC and the pilot group and said it was discretionary. The PVC then surveyed the pilot group and 85% wanted our retirement to be placed in our PEA and become non discretionary like our PEERs (what Dave Barger promised in 2007). In 2012 the company said NO. This after 7 years of saying it was contractual.

So YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT. Your EXPERIENCE at ASA is worthless at Jetblue because you NOW work for Dave Barger not Jerry Atkins or Brad Holt or Brad Rich.

BTW your PEA is a joke. Only thing that is in your PEA is one pay table step and a few rigs and PTO accrual. Everything ELSE is discretionary.

Everything.

I am the new-hire that is being falsely accused on here. I shouldn't be surprised. When you chest thumpers don't have anything, you fall back on intimidation tactics.

First I definitely did NOT go to any chief pilot or anyone for that matter. I didn't even talk about the event after that day. I'm used to arguing with union folk. It did not intimidate or phase me in the least.

Secondly not an ASA FO. Was a captain for over 5 years. I've had multiple dealings with ALPA unlike the other guy who was just at skywest a few years before JB.

I don't know about all of the problems with JB and wasn't trying to pretend to. I was just pointing out that it is unrealistic to expect to have legacy pay/benefits on day one with a union without scoping out half of their flying just like the legacies did.

Great, so you were a Captain instead. You managed to work at least 7 or 8 years for an ALPA carrier and learned nothing about pro-stans? Btw the OSC chief pilot is the guy who brought it to the other guy's attention so does that mean he is 'falsely accusing' you as well?

No intimidation, just a statement of facts. I sincerely wish everyone a happy start to their JetBlue career, you included. I'll even go so far as to acknowledge that it's gotta be frustrating having a guy raining on your parade at the pool during training. Having said that, when the start to your career includes narcing to a chief pilot, those of us whom have been here awhile are concerned about how that behavior will carry over to the line.

Last edited:
B6Driver said:
Shut the F up, no one wants to hear your crap any more.
Post that!
Stop reading or do you have self control issues too. It is shame that so many pilots can't control themselves. Has Dave offered to drive you home lately? That story was so sweat and made you to look like such a fool knowing what we all know now. There is a sucker born every day and was probably why ... ah never mind.

Last edited:
Are your recall rights contractual or at the discreation of airline management?

Thought so.

... Btw the OSC chief pilot is the guy who brought it to the other guy's attention so does that mean he is 'falsely accusing' you as well?

No intimidation, just a statement of facts..

Did YOU ask the chief pilot? Not likely because like I said I didn't talk to anyone about it after that day. Unlike your friend, who I know was b!tching about it for days later. I suspect that another pilot who has been there for years ratted him out. Not everyone that has been there years is a chest thumper or you would already have ALPA on property.

Did YOU ask the chief pilot? Not likely because like I said I didn't talk to anyone about it after that day. Unlike your friend, who I know was b!tching about it for days later. I suspect that another pilot who has been there for years ratted him out. Not everyone that has been there years is a chest thumper or you would already have ALPA on property.

Not everyone who wants ALPA is a chest thumper.

If you PM me again I will post it here with an answer.

You chest thumpers are all the same. Be my guest post what you want. Your intimidation tactics don't phase me.

I never compaired SWA to JB. In fact, that evenening I said I am not anti-union. I'm just anti-ALPA. If you want to reopen the inhouse union talks I will be more than happy to reconsider.

Sad that you're naive enough to believe wanting contractually-guaranteed rights in a CBA makes one a chest thumper.

Nobody that's been with JB longer than a year would voluntarily talk to Sandman about another pilot; we all understand very well what his role at OSC is. Otoh, a different ALPA supporter who is definitely NOT a chest- thumper did quietly tell my buddy to tone it down a notch... You know, man to man like adults do. I'm sorry but your tone in response to this as well as the people involved means you start at a MASSIVE credibility deficit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back