Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Hires at Jetblue.... please.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again I was not getting into any specifics. Was not trying to pretend I know what's going on at JB. All I was saying is that there are some potential negitives as well as positives with a union.

See, this is the kind of thing that irks me no end. There are potential negatives with a union as well as positives? Oh, do tell, o exalted one, for I have been living in a blue cave lo these many years and I have never heard such tidings.

GMAFB. You admit you have no idea of the history or background here, what may have been taken away or what we have "gained" only to be lost somewhere else, and yet you feel qualified to compare your regional job to a supposed major and blame the union for the deficit. You haven't the least clue what process we've gone through to get here, what the issues are, who was involved with them, and what has been attempted before, what was lost in the attempt, and what is required to preserve what we have, much less make progress.

Tell you what, why don't you observe for a while and at least finish IOE before you put your oar in, hm?

See, this is the kind of thing that irks me no end. There are potential negatives with a union as well as positives? Oh, do tell, o exalted one, for I have been living in a blue cave lo these many years and I have never heard such tidings.

GMAFB. You admit you have no idea of the history or background here, what may have been taken away or what we have "gained" only to be lost somewhere else, and yet you feel qualified to compare your regional job to a supposed major and blame the union for the deficit. You haven't the least clue what process we've gone through to get here, what the issues are, who was involved with them, and what has been attempted before, what was lost in the attempt, and what is required to preserve what we have, much less make progress.

Tell you what, why don't you observe for a while and at least finish IOE before you put your oar in, hm?

I never compared a regional to a major. I don't know who started comparing ASA health care to JB health care. It was your friend who compared JB to a legacy.
Many years ago I had great expectations from ALPA, before I was a member, so I can understand his thought process. I do have more experience with ALPA then he does so I do believe I could offer some information to consider. If he doesn't want to listen to it I don't really care. He shouldn't start complaining about it for days until someone, again not me, mentions it to a chief pilot.

Last edited:
Aircombat please post your name so we all can avoid you at the bar should we see you. I as well as plenty of other ex ASA'ers here are embarrassed by your short sighted view point. If you think the pilots at ASA were better off without ALPA then your insane. Congrats however, your the perfect new hire Jetblue is looking for. Willing to just shut up and color and be "happy" to have a job. As mentioned, how about you get off of IOE, heck even out of training, before you start shooting off your mouth. You truly have no idea what you are talking about.

Aircombat please post your name so we all can avoid you at the bar should we see you. I as well as plenty of other ex ASA'ers here are embarrassed by your short sighted view point. If you think the pilots at ASA were better off without ALPA then your insane. Congrats however, your the perfect new hire Jetblue is looking for. Willing to just shut up and color and be "happy" to have a job. As mentioned, how about you get off of IOE, heck even out of training, before you start shooting off your mouth. You truly have no idea what you are talking about.

I guess you were there when skywest was growing and ASA was shrinking. I don't see Skywest pushing for ALPA. Many people believed they would be better off merged with skywest and without ALPA. How many dealings did you have with ALPA when you were there? How many grievences did you file and what were there outcomes?

I guess you were there when skywest was growing and ASA was shrinking. I don't see Skywest pushing for ALPA. Many people believed they would be better off merged with skywest and without ALPA. How many dealings did you have with ALPA when you were there? How many grievences did you file and what were there outcomes?

Dear Aircombat,
you are wasting your time arguing with the ALPA's RTB on this board.
Go study your flows and limitations and get ready for the LOE.

Hey genius try and grieve something here. Try and have representation when you need it and have a problem. I don't think they are preaching to you new hires about two Captains who were recently fired over bogus issues. Ding a plane here and see what happens to you without legal representation that doesn't have the company's best interest in mind. Try and negotiate industry standard retirement and work rules. Talk to us when you work nine days in a row because you had a "24 hour rest". How about doing red eyes and getting paid pennies in night override. How about the premium trigger being raised from 70 to 78 hours. How about doing international flying and not getting an override because he company has magically deemed those destinations as domestic. I'll skip the healthcare because your obviously ignorant there also. How about the company not yet phasing in a flight scheduling manual from 2010 and using some parts from 2007 still. Talk to us when you know what PCRB 1 and 2 are and how the company laughed at them. How about violating the rules when issuing open time so they can give it to reserves and not pay a line holder premium. Ask someone about 3A. How the company preaches that in case of a merger we are all considered one group and protected. Yet they immediatley tried to have us each deal with them individually in court for 3A. Starting to get the picture? No I didn't think so. Again. You are so ignorant to the issues here it is pathetic. Check out the video online of them accepting an award for shooting down the last union drive. You see junior, these are things that must be negotiated and put in a CBA. You know the one that big bad ALPA that has hurt your feelings can help with. If you had half a brain you would be quiet and let those who have been here a while educate you. Newsflash. The things we are fighting for would benefit you also. So again, just try to listen and at least get out of Orlando before you try and talk to us about issues. Or maybe you just can't stop staring at that picture of an A320 with winglets on your wall to let any of this sink in.

again. not trying to pretend to know the issues at JB. Just was saying that sometimes ALPA provides a false sense of security at a high price. Do you think that it might be a possibility that if ALPA was voted in the company might retaliate by giving all of the 190 flying to a regional long before you even see your first CBA?

If you fear "retaliation" by management, what kind of a "values based" ELT are they to begin with? Based on your vast experience with management here, you should have nothing to fear, right?

If you fear "retaliation" by management, what kind of a "values based" ELT are they to begin with? Based on your vast experience with management here, you should have nothing to fear, right?

I don't fear management relationship. They have good reason to make me happy or I would definitely reconsider my opinion of ALPA if it is the only choice. I will never expect to have the compensation that the legacies have. I don't even expect them to have the same benefits in the near future without scoping out a lot of their flying

Just to be clear, when you say, "I will never expect to have the compensation that the legacies have". Are you talking about their "career value" factoring in their widebodies, or are you saying you're okay with flying similar gauge aircraft at a discount, ie Airbus to Airbus? Not trying to needle you, I'm honestly wondering about your point of view. How does Southwest's pay factor into your assessment?

Latest resources

Back