• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yep, i'm wrong just like the JFK-MXP flight that you claimed would NEVER EVER happen. ALPA, politicians would stop it dead.

sorry general, as time passes you continue to be proved wrong.

No, that isn't entirely correct. First, there is a space problem, meaning gate space. Not enough extra space to bump US carriers out of route after route. Then there is a landing slot problem. Then there is the fact that people from the US won't fly to Dubai first, then backtrack to Europe or even Asia. Too far.

The Europeans, Australians, and some Asia carriers (like SQ) are having problems, primarily because the Gulf cities like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Doha are in a straight line towards Europe, SE Asia, and Australia. Several European countries like Germany, France, and Austria have imposed limits on EK and more will join them if their own national airlines complain more. The problem with the other countries in Europe is that many of the national airlines are failing financally, and the Gulf carriers are willing to put up some money to buy influence it seems. (But not the biggies like Germany and France). Even Canada limits Gulf carriers to 3 flights per week, with only one city each in Canada. They see the big picture. Etihad has a codeshare with AC though, but it's a flow of pax through London Heathrow.

Will EK and the like affect US carriers in the US? So far, not really. EK will add a route to Milan from JFK and probably abandon it soon after thanks to 4 other carriers (DL, UA, AA, and AZ) doing it too. EK does have a codeshare with JB now that can allow pax to flow into the US, but in JFK the terminals are different, and BOS is the same, no direct access to connections. I guess it's better than nothing....

Will EK and others cherry pick key US routes to key INTL cities? They will try, and it all depends on how the US legacies defend their hubs and how full the airports are. Foreign Gov'ts also don't want extra competition for their own national airlines on those routes. Hopefully EK isn't using the EXIM bank subsidies anymore too. That was disgraceful. That money was for poor nations.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are not correct.

Karma has it right. You have it wrong with your normal over-emotional and dramatic banter. Keep the blinders on.

To waste my valuable time correcting General Lee......

http://www.exim.gov/about/whoweare/ no where does it say the Export/Import bank is only for poor nations. Plus, only 12% of all aircraft owned by Emirates were financed through the ExIm Bank.

Only 12%!? Only?!

Since things are so great over there and your expat opinion is so valuable to Dubai, make some arrangement for 12% of US legacy aircraft to be financed similarly by Dubai, ok?

Only 12%... GMAFB

well, most the US legacy aircraft (regionals) are financed by Canada and Brazil banks. To each his own. I bet those Canadians and Brazilians are upset too...... <*sarcasm*

"gosh darn it, it so SOOOOO un-american that you work for a company that buys American." says the average xenophobe.

The ex/im bank is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, make US products more attractive to export....what a novel idea.. On top of it, Emirates pays back the US Government interest on money it borrowed. As opposed to borrowing money from Europe or China?

what would you suggest? Would you be happy if Emirates dumped the $30billion Boeing order and switched to Airbus?

well, most the US legacy aircraft (regionals) are financed by Canada and Brazil banks. To each his own. I bet those Canadians and Brazilians are upset too...... <*sarcasm*

"gosh darn it, it so SOOOOO un-american that you work for a company that buys American." says the average xenophobe.

The ex/im bank is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, make US products more attractive to export....what a novel idea.. On top of it, Emirates pays back the US Government interest on money it borrowed. As opposed to borrowing money from Europe or China?

what would you suggest? Would you be happy if Emirates dumped the $30billion Boeing order and switched to Airbus?

I want to see US legacies get the same loan *terms*. I think we deserve some real cheap money. AND, another huge issue that I believe got swept under the rug, the ATSB denied a loan to UAL after 9-11. I don't believe it should be above scrutiny that after a group of Middle Eastern decent terrorists rain down hell on this Country with airliners, another group of Middle Eastern decent businessmen take over the airline business.

I've been apprehensive to make that assertion; I think many of us have. But it's time to speak the truth and ask some serious questions.

yep, i'm wrong just like the JFK-MXP flight that you claimed would NEVER EVER happen. ALPA, politicians would stop it dead.

sorry general, as time passes you continue to be proved wrong.

Just like your Hamburg flight, MXP flight will be history soon

p.s
Dont bother applying at Delta

I'll take the higher road, Sniper you are more than welcome to interview here the next time Delta furloughs...if u need the job

Will EK and the like affect US carriers in the US? So far, not really...

The key words being "so far", General. There was a time when "so far" Toyota didn't do anything to GM either.

I'll take the higher road, Sniper you are more than welcome to interview here the next time Delta furloughs...if u need the job

No need but thank you..

4800 need to be gone first

enjoy the ME

ps
you can always apply for an RJ positionwith the regionals, after all you have plenty experience fom your previous job

Why are you so mad at EK and expat pilots Sniper? General Lee just craves attention and jealousy from his peers yet you seem to have a real hard on for Americans who chose to work overseas.

Your anger should be directed at your mgt team and board of directors who f#cked you out of your pension and gave you a decade long pay cut. You might have been sharing a cockpit at your former job with one of us but now you wish us all the worst because we took a job in a foreign country? Amazing that someone as xenophobic as you would ever choose to be an airline pilot. Maybe you should go back to being a sniper (assuming you did that at some point). Seems to suit your nature.

Latest resources

Back