• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta Capacity Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just wish they'd get on with it so I know I can start looking for a new job.

If they take more off of one list than the other, it will get ugly.
But lets all take a step back. What and how they will do this has yet to be determined. Also, Sept is a long way off, things could be a lot better or worse by then.
FWIW they are still stating no furloughs yet. I would not see them cut anyone before fall anyway.

I just wish they'd get on with it so I know I can start looking for a new job.

there is nothing out there. Well, not much, so keep what you have. I do know people that got jobs in China if that is your sort of thing. Personally, I will just go raise Angus Cattle to pass the time.

there is nothing out there. Well, not much, so keep what you have. I do know people that got jobs in China if that is your sort of thing. Personally, I will just go raise Angus Cattle to pass the time.

Yeah, I know. It's hard to give "tone" on the internet. In any case, I'm planning to ride this horse into the ground.

I'll get by regardless, beside I'm not too good to go back to a "crappy" flying job if need be. Come to think of it, I had more fun at my crappy flying jobs.

Well, NWA doesn't fly DTW-KIX direct, but for the next week = 87% load factor NRT-KIX. DTW-NGO is at 98% LF for the next 10 days. Yeah, let's cut that one.

LOAD FACTORS MEAN EVERYTHING...right. There is NO WAY those flights could be losing money, because the Load Factors are high. Why did RA say we will be cutting 12-14% in Asia?

Average LF for next two weeks is above 96%. Yeah, that would be a good one to trim. Frickin Genious!

There you go again, talking Load Factors and not yeilds. You didn't go to college, did you? Maybe NWA didn't require that. Think outside the box.

There you go thinking again. We do two a day right now from DTW-AMS, all above 91% LF next two weeks. What, don't you like to make money? Maybe not in September. And how many flights do you fly again from DTW to AMS? End of this month shows 4 flights--flights 40, 68, 36, and 48. I count 4. I stated would they need that many in SEP? Doubtful. You need to think MORE.

And people said you were a dumbass.....

Only People who don't understand my genius.

Yeah, I am sure the 30% less fuel efficient 767 will replace the 330. Absolutely! It is on the PDX NRT flight. What about the PDX AMS flight? Why would that be? Only because the A332 needs to go somewhere else? Riiight. It's called right sizing.

You see General, all that chest pounding that you tried to shove in the face of the NWA folks about our crappy fleet, lack of expansion, etc is now total crap (most knew it was before). NWA runs a much leaner operation, always has. Remember, RA was our's first.
That's great. He was your's first, just like Bastain, who runs you guys now, was our's first. Enjoy.
Again,hoping for no furloughs. Amen to that.

Ummm yeah.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Your concern for others is touching.

Just speaking the truth. I never said anything about not caring for others. You are still a total boob.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh Snap!!

I can't believe the General tried to spin the 'we haven't grown that much internationally' crap. You've got to be kidding me, right?

So basically he's blaming Northwest now....

No, NWAREDTAIL came in hypothesizing on who would be cut where... He forgot that RA stated there would be a larger cut on the Asia routes than on the Atlantic routes. A lot of our INTL expansion has come close to the US---primarily in Latin America, Caribbean, and South America, which RA stated would be increased this year. We all know the auto industry has been hit very hard all around the World, and DTW along with Japan have seen major hits. We can all make our own assumptions.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ummm yeah.

LOAD FACTORS MEAN EVERYTHING...right. There is NO WAY those flights could be losing money, because the Load Factors are high. Why did RA say we will be cutting 12-14% in Asia?
Bye Bye--General Lee

Probably the freighters we already know about....

If they take more off of one list than the other, it will get ugly.
But lets all take a step back. What and how they will do this has yet to be determined. Also, Sept is a long way off, things could be a lot better or worse by then.
FWIW they are still stating no furloughs yet. I would not see them cut anyone before fall anyway.

If furloughs happen before SOC, they better bring NWA up to the correct staffing formula before they do it. Any other way would be BS.

Latest resources

Back