• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta Capacity Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Genital is trying to convince you that the Titanic just has a little leak and it's good for the boat to take on a little salt water. This guy is riot.

-Steenland and Anderson will destroy the company if they are left in charge for a couple more years-investors and employees should be doing everything they possibly can to get rid of these guys!

Which company is Steenland in charge?

]Instead of the bickering between CRJ567 and GL, perhaps we can think about how this will impact the lives of both low seniority DAL/NWA people as well as their counterparts at Compass

Compass = sorry, not going to be too many NWA guys worrying about them. They were created as a safety net (sure they were) for the NWA pilots, now DAL as well.

NWA = Short staffed for the transition to new trip rigs, even with ANC base pull down. Also still getting some retirements. DAL will not be pulling down 747-400 flying (big $$$$) or A330 flying with the Int'l reduction. Maybe a bit of 757 to be replaced with A320/DC-9

DAL - Well, overstaffed and flying many older 767's. I predict the majority of the pulldown will affect the DAL side since NWA is such a "SMALL INT'L PRESENCE". (good to be small sometimes) The compass flowdown could be a benefit, but a very small one at that (go to work for 62/hour). Hopefully no furloughs.

Add to that, they they will want to get everything correct over here after SOC before furloughing people, unless they know that they could take 300 or so furlough them, and know that they will not need them after SOC. That my friends is the big variable here. Lots of stuff is going to happen post SOC.

Compass = sorry, not going to be too many NWA guys worrying about them. They were created as a safety net (sure they were) for the NWA pilots, now DAL as well.

NWA = Short staffed for the transition to new trip rigs, even with ANC base pull down. Also still getting some retirements. DAL will not be pulling down 747-400 flying (big $$$$) or A330 flying with the Int'l reduction. Maybe a bit of 757 to be replaced with A320/DC-9

DAL - Well, overstaffed and flying many older 767's. I predict the majority of the pulldown will affect the DAL side since NWA is such a "SMALL INT'L PRESENCE". (good to be small sometimes) The compass flowdown could be a benefit, but a very small one at that (go to work for 62/hour). Hopefully no furloughs.

How are the 744 loads from DTW to KIK and NGO doing? Not great. 2 flights a day to NRT from DTW? I bet that could be trimmed to one. I think a lot of the Asia stuff will be pulled down, and the Atlantic stuff from DTW and MSP too to AMS. Do we need 4 daily flights to AMS from DTW? DTW itself isn't doing well as a city either. We can trade 767ERs for 757ERs on a lot of the JFK to Europe stuff becuase they can still make it range wise. Those 767ERs will then do more Latin America and South America stuff which was mentioned in the company memo. We'll see, but everyone on here can guess where and what will be cut. Our "older" 767s may be the right fit on a lot of those A333 routes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL,
Why are you not in charge over at Delta! Wow! Maybe because you spend too much time over here.

How are the 744 loads from DTW to KIK and NGO doing? Not great. 2 flights a day to NRT from DTW? I bet that could be trimmed to one. I think a lot of the Asia stuff will be pulled down, and the Atlantic stuff from DTW and MSP too to AMS. Do we need 4 daily flights to AMS from DTW? DTW itself isn't doing well as a city either. We can trade 767ERs for 757ERs on a lot of the JFK to Europe stuff becuase they can still make it range wise. Those 767ERs will then do more Latin America and South America stuff which was mentioned in the company memo. We'll see, but everyone on here can guess where and what will be cut. Our "older" 767s may be the right fit on a lot of those A333 routes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Add to that, they they will want to get everything correct over here after SOC before furloughing people, unless they know that they could take 300 or so furlough them, and know that they will not need them after SOC. That my friends is the big variable here. Lots of stuff is going to happen post SOC.

Lots of good stuff or bad stuff post SOC?

I agree with your points.... It really gives me no pleasure to point out how horrible this situation is, but the point I am trying to make is that your mgmt. is really screwing the place up.

Oh, come on! At least be honest - everyone can tell how this news excites you. I'm sure you would feel differently if you were junior at Delta.

Latest resources

Back