New Delta Capacity Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL,
Why are you not in charge over at Delta! Wow! Maybe because you spend too much time over here.

I have been asked, but I love FI so much and being management would take a lot of valuable time away from my enjoyment of this board.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How are the 744 loads from DTW to KIK and NGO doing? Not great.
Well, NWA doesn't fly DTW-KIX direct, but for the next week = 87% load factor NRT-KIX. DTW-NGO is at 98% LF for the next 10 days. Yeah, let's cut that one.

2 flights a day to NRT from DTW? I bet that could be trimmed to one.
Average LF for next two weeks is above 96%. Yeah, that would be a good one to trim. Frickin Genious!

I think a lot of the Asia stuff will be pulled down, and the Atlantic stuff from DTW and MSP too to AMS. Do we need 4 daily flights to AMS from DTW?

There you go thinking again. We do two a day right now from DTW-AMS, all above 91% LF next two weeks. What, don't you like to make money?

DTW itself isn't doing well as a city either.
And people said you were a dumbass.....

Our "older" 767s may be the right fit on a lot of those A333 routes.
Yeah, I am sure the 30% less fuel efficient 767 will replace the 330. Absolutely!

You see General, all that chest pounding that you tried to shove in the face of the NWA folks about our crappy fleet, lack of expansion, etc is now total crap (most knew it was before). NWA runs a much leaner operation, always has. Remember, RA was our's first.

Again,hoping for no furloughs.

Oh Snap!!

I can't believe the General tried to spin the 'we haven't grown that much internationally' crap. You've got to be kidding me, right?

So basically he's blaming Northwest now....

While there still might be some right-sizing of equipment to routes to make sure flights are not only full, but maximizing their profit potential I'd have to agree that NWA has always been extremely savy in regards to how they run their operation.

In the end I think it's all going to get a overhaul...no need to keep singling out one sides operation verses the others anymore...we're merged remember?

Lots of good stuff or bad stuff post SOC?

Better than this!

Only thing that I really did not like is that we were off by a billion in our non-restricted cash reserves. It will be up next quarter, but that basically told me that we had a really high burn rate on our cash with the fuel hedges.

While there still might be some right-sizing of equipment to routes to make sure flights are not only full, but maximizing their profit potential I'd have to agree that NWA has always been extremely savy in regards to how they run their operation.

In the end I think it's all going to get a overhaul...no need to keep singling out one sides operation verses the others anymore...we're merged remember?

People do not care except that little caveat that Bloch put in the arbitrated settlement. Furloughs will come off the premerger list prior to SOC. That one can bite a lot of people that are safe post SOC.

Last edited:
Better than this!

Only thing that I really did not like is that we were off by a billion in our non-restricted cash reserves. It will be up next quarter, but that basically told me that we had a really high burn rate on our cash with the fuel hedges.

What's 1.6 billion in one quarter among friends? 18 million per day baby. remember "synergies".

Oh I know. But even that burn rate scares me.
I will be quite interested to see what our 8K states at the end of the second quarter.

People do not care except that little caveat that Bloch put in the arbitrated settlement. Furloughs will come off the premerger list prior to SOC. That one can bite a lot of people that are safe post SO.

Yeah I was more addressing the General's post on NWA stuff needing to be pulled down (NWA bad) while DAL stuff just needs to be re-tooled (Delta good...just messing with ya general, but there is a little truth to it in regards to the tone of a lot of your posts).

I definitely agree with you that this has the potential to be a huge mess depending on exactly what is on the horizon. Without any details though I think we're just finding new reasons to "go at it" with each other again...it's probably better to sit back and wait for some actual hard facts to surface.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back