• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta Capacity Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee does have a point regarding NRT, although he didn't quite hit it home. The loads are there, but they are not high yielding tickets.

General Lee does have a point regarding NRT, although he didn't quite hit it home. The loads are there, but they are not high yielding tickets.

Sorry I couldn't quite "hit it home", but most people know that LFs mean nothing in this business. (sans Nwaredtail) I am sure LFs were great on the DC9 to Billings too, until they swapped them out with E175s.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The Delta guys might want to get ready to fly the 175s at reduced rates to BIL.

You can bet Delta guys and gals will be in the EMB175s soon. Unfortunately, many will not enjoy the pay cut which comes in the form of no credit for longevity and poorly negotiated base pay rates. As it stands we all drop to two-year Captains pay. I am on twelve year pay at NWA. The difference is significant:

12 year EMB175 Capt 87/hr
2 year EMB175 Capt 64/hr

The above pay rates are the reason I voted "NO" on the BK contract, which outsourced our flying and left the option of flying these aircraft, in the event of a furlough, unaffordable.

"... So I can start looking for a new job."

I would suggest that at this time. And, not one that includes "Airline Pilot".

Thanks For Playing, Game Over...

YKMKR

Oh really!? There's no jobs out there!!?? No way! I must live in an effing cave. Remind me next time to say *sarcasm on* and *sarcasm off*, as obviously gallows humor is lost on you guys.

Last edited:

That's why those spots are there. The CPZ guys know that too. It's better than what happened to our guys after 9-11.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You can bet Delta guys and gals will be in the EMB175s soon. Unfortunately, many will not enjoy the pay cut which comes in the form of no credit for longevity and poorly negotiated base pay rates. As it stands we all drop to two-year Captains pay. I am on twelve year pay at NWA. The difference is significant:

12 year EMB175 Capt 87/hr
2 year EMB175 Capt 64/hr

The above pay rates are the reason I voted "NO" on the BK contract, which outsourced our flying and left the option of flying these aircraft, in the event of a furlough, unaffordable.

Let's compare what a 2 or 3 year guy at DL or FNWA would get instead of a 12 year pilot. If you are 12 year pilot and you have to go to CPZ, there are MAJOR problems out there. I would estimate a 12 year guy should have 3000 or so pilots behind him/her. That would be really bad.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have been asked, but I love FI so much and being management would take a lot of valuable time away from my enjoyment of this board.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think the General has real talent for airline mgmt. Just consider his qualifications:

-He is an ass.
-He is totally pompus.
-He has absolutely no idea how the economy works, or why.
-He obviously drinks a lot-judging from the lucidity of his posts here.
-He is a total ego-maniacal sociopath.
-He molests small farm animals......

-A real straight-shooter with "upper-management written all over him."

-Gen Lee-I think we have offically figured out something you would be good at. Upper management has absolutely no requirement for knowledge, skill of any type, or a conscience.

-You would be a perfect fit!

I think the General has real talent for airline mgmt. Just consider his qualifications:

-He is an ass.
-He is totally pompus.
-He has absolutely no idea how the economy works, or why.
-He obviously drinks a lot-judging from the lucidity of his posts here.
-He is a total ego-maniacal sociopath.
-He molests small farm animals......

-A real straight-shooter with "upper-management written all over him."

-Gen Lee-I think we have offically figured out something you would be good at. Upper management has absolutely no requirement for knowledge, skill of any type, or a conscience.

-You would be a perfect fit!

Finally, someone who knows my qualifications to the tee! And, I will hire you as my cronie----at 50 hrs pay per month at the biggest position you can currently hold. I have a list of things you will need to do, including picking up my laundry, and cleaning out my garbage can of all of my toe nail clippings. When I am not patting the other exec's back as though we all had just "conquered" the world, I will try to extend a hand to you---and point in the direction of my new Masseratii. Please put my laundry in it, and don't scratch the paint.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back