• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New CAL System Bid?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya, and I bet that was after "snake charmer chunky" Prater gave the speech of his lifetime about some greedy bastard, blah, blah blah, fellas the only fix is a change of the age. No matter that the MAJORITY voted against. ALPA PAC will get NOTHING till chunky's gone, with an apology.

Amen Brother!

Scab Free in 2023, Prater made us wait till 2028.

Scab or age 60+ pilot--What's the difference?? Both equal seniority outside the CBA. Nobody's retiring, nobody's coming back (in aggregate), so it must be about the seniority.

Of course, I know the real difference. But the effects/motivations are pretty much the same. Dollar wise, replacement workers cost this profession less money.

Yeah, and if anyone has an official source for the rumor that CAL is getting four 757-300's via Boeing from ATA.

So this doesn't really constitute official, but Sunday morning we flew SEA-IAH with a "little birdie" (CAL mx) on the jumpseat; he indicated that CAL has already acquired those four -300s. He said it's a "done deal", but in service will be delayed a bit as the company looks for a contractor to refit the interiors. Apparently they weren't too happy with the guys in Abbotsford that did the first batch from ATA. He could have just been blowing smoke, but I doubt it... he seemed pretty credible.

Right on! Interestingly, you can get him to talk Crewpass?! Full page ad in USAToday?? Oh, he's in touch all right. I barely see my family and he's worried about taking his shoes off??

Prater is not equiped to take care of all of us in this profession. What he really means to say is: he won't let the company, and the bottom half of the list, leverage PBS against him taking care of the top half.

The loan is no longer due I'm afraid. It was due, and then Pratard changed retirement age. There would be a durable pilot shortage pushing things along if it weren't for him. Even with fuel and these recent shutdowns, pilots would be in demand. Here's what's going to happen IMHO: The need for pilots will return in about 24-36 months, and it will be an even greater than before. F-ing Prater & company are going to lament this and seek to cash in on it again. It will be with foriegn control, or cabotage, or something like that...He'll want to pull the ladder up again. We have got to put a damper on this recent windfall his crowd took. I say we shore up scope (capture the 170/190), seek an incremental raise for junior pilots, and leave the top half of the list high and dry (let's lower their pay!?). Sign a two year deal and get back to this in earnest when demand comes back.

Friend, you know what will happen when the new crew shortage hits again, don't you? The same selfish SOB's who screamed age discrimination at the age 60 rule will do the same dam thing at age 65 and claim that their experience is sorely needed for safety at least until they reach 70.

"Please don't make me retire to my crappy south Florida condo and ponder the 4 alimony payments and all the other FA's I spent my retirement on...."

So this doesn't really constitute official, but Sunday morning we flew SEA-IAH with a "little birdie" (CAL mx) on the jumpseat; he indicated that CAL has already acquired those four -300s. He said it's a "done deal", but in service will be delayed a bit as the company looks for a contractor to refit the interiors. Apparently they weren't too happy with the guys in Abbotsford that did the first batch from ATA. He could have just been blowing smoke, but I doubt it... he seemed pretty credible.
According to the union call today, the bid in May will most likely be a reduction. Before the bid comes out there will be some sort of offer for COLA's (company offered leaves of absence) and an early retirement offering. If it is like the last early retirement offering, they will say "go ahead and retire if you want" needless to say not too many people took advantage last time.

Friend, you know what will happen when the new crew shortage hits again, don't you? The same selfish SOB's who screamed age discrimination at the age 60 rule will do the same dam thing at age 65 and claim that their experience is sorely needed for safety at least until they reach 70.

"Please don't make me retire to my crappy south Florida condo and ponder the 4 alimony payments and all the other FA's I spent my retirement on...."

What the hell, you must have a fever or something!? The only thing that can cure a fever is more cowbell.

Latest resources

Back