• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New CAL System Bid?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Union doesn't need to assure me, know why...

I am the union. My fellow pilots are the union.

Again, in the old days this type of intimadation may have worked.. not so much anymore!

And I'm glad to hear that we (CAL ALPA & MANAGEMENT) are extending the jumpseat to our fellow brothers and sisters during this time of uncertainty for them along with preferential interviewing once we start up again.

Always
Motch

PS> I agree.. why the though of down bids and reduction.. could be the other way or just that the bid is coming out a month early.. doesn't in usually come out in June?

PPS> And it's only a blurb from the CP of Guam... lets wait and see!

The point is that the union needs to be in front of events like this. They need to be a step ahead of management on all issues.

I don't need the union to hold my hand. I'm not worried. However, true leadership is proactive not reactive.

The Union doesn't need to assure me, know why...

I am the union. My fellow pilots are the union.

Someone here gets it.

I'm glad ALPA was able to get the Age 65 ruling passed so we could stagnate the several hundred retirements we were supposed to have this year. All that did was fuel the threat of furlough....

I'm glad ALPA was able to get the Age 65 ruling passed so we could stagnate the several hundred retirements we were supposed to have this year. All that did was fuel the threat of furlough....

Your blame needs to rest with 3 entities:

1) The ALPA Exec BOD (all the MEC Chairs at the time of that vote last summer).
2) APAAD
3) Ignorant Congressmen and women and their Senate counterparts.

But don't worry. They have all assured me that we will all now have 5 more years to make up the financial hit. Think you're angry now, wait until furloughs set in.

Your blame needs to rest with 3 entities:

1) The ALPA Exec BOD (all the MEC Chairs at the time of that vote last summer).
2) APAAD
3) Ignorant Congressmen and women and their Senate counterparts.

But don't worry. They have all assured me that we will all now have 5 more years to make up the financial hit. Think you're angry now, wait until furloughs set in.

Yeah, but the bulk of the blame lies with #1.
#2 made just enough noise so that Congress paid them lip service and went through the motions, but were going to leave age change legislation locked up in subcommittee.
#3 relied on the counsel of #1.

But you can be assured that alpo will blame the furloughs on airline management, in spite of it being a matter of economic survival.

Ya, and I bet that was after "snake charmer chunky" Prater gave the speech of his lifetime about some greedy bastard, blah, blah blah, fellas the only fix is a change of the age. No matter that the MAJORITY voted against. ALPA PAC will get NOTHING till chunky's gone, with an apology.

Ya, and I bet that was after "snake charmer chunky" Prater gave the speech of his lifetime about some greedy bastard, blah, blah blah, fellas the only fix is a change of the age. No matter that the MAJORITY voted against. ALPA PAC will get NOTHING till chunky's gone, with an apology.

Chunky. Brilliant. Now that is funny!

This latest memo was comes on the heels of the memo that VRF, voluntary reduced flying, would be available for all bases, all aircraft, and all seats for the MAY bid.

Where is there a memo concerning a new system bid? The source of this rumor is a voice mail by the GUM CP.

Chunky. Brilliant. Now that is funny!

About 2 months ago, Prater was in the pilots' lounge in EWR and he was spouting off about not letting management use PBS to leverage us. He said remember the quality of life issues....... I pointed out that if over 50% of the bidding population were going to get a line that completely ignores their bidding parameters ( i.e days off, max hours, etc.) and will 'award' a line of 90+ hours that there isn't much left with quality of life.

I then had to explain to him what a 'splat line' was and other basic aspects of our current PBS system. Clearly, Prater has never had to even deal with our current bidding system on a personal level.

That is our in-touch leadership........

Latest resources

Back