• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New CAL System Bid?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty big difference and if you can't tell them apart I would think before you post!

Talk dollars. Which one has a bigger price tag? Age 65 will hurt 10 times more pilots than any strike.

Thought: It's hurricane season. If you aren't prepared, or fail to plan, then you're going to end up somebody else's burden. It's no different with these age 65 guys. They failed to plan. Now they've become looters. And they aren't looting for mere sustanence. No, they're looting Buicks and flat screen TVs (figuratively speaking). There won't be anything left when they are done.

There is nothing worse than being stabbed in the back by a union brother.

ERSA has only been around since the mid 70ies and was only offered as a suplement to a pensions. You feel Stabed in the back by a union brother? wow this industry will tear its self apart partly because of guys that went to regionals for a 2 year up grade with 600 hours time and now wonder why they can't upgrade in 5 years at a major and make statement such as them stabbing you in the back I think it is the other way around. I have 30 years to go in this career and my airline not having a valid growth plan will hurt more the guys there an extra few years. Sounds like you would sell your Union brother out and cross a line since your compair these guys working 5 more years the same as crossing a line They still have the option to retire at 60 or 55 for that. Crossing a line is not even in the same park as this, only you can choose to cross a line You kidding me. I Watched my entire family walk in 85 and I am willing to do the same but we wont ever get a chance as we do nothing more than fight amoungst ourselves. Managment has already won.

Managment has already won.

No, the union forfeited by dividing the pilots and causing them to fight amongst themselves. You ignore the majority at your own peril.
Someone recently posted to me that I'll either be with management or the union. Wrong; I'm not with either group. Being with the union is to continually reward the top of the seniority list at my detriment.

ERSA has only been around since the mid 70ies and was only offered as a suplement to a pensions. You feel Stabed in the back by a union brother? wow this industry will tear its self apart partly because of guys that went to regionals for a 2 year up grade with 600 hours time and now wonder why they can't upgrade in 5 years at a major and make statement such as them stabbing you in the back I think it is the other way around. I have 30 years to go in this career and my airline not having a valid growth plan will hurt more the guys there an extra few years. Sounds like you would sell your Union brother out and cross a line since your compair these guys working 5 more years the same as crossing a line They still have the option to retire at 60 or 55 for that. Crossing a line is not even in the same park as this, only you can choose to cross a line You kidding me. I Watched my entire family walk in 85 and I am willing to do the same but we wont ever get a chance as we do nothing more than fight amoungst ourselves. Managment has already won.

You're a complete idiot. Let me axe you this, are you an American? The reason, I can't understand this attitude except if you're in your 50's, coming late to the career, letting others pay for your crap, or you're just happy to be in a-mer-ee-ca, loving every treep with you jobs? I personally have been harmed, by someone stabbing me in the back for around a half of a million dolla! Chu comprendA? Maybe it was Chu? Or Chu daddy? Management did win, from idiots like you opening your mouth, and saying you speak for the majority, which we all know , even chunky prater, is complete crap. Piss off, ta ta

Spell check's free also, if you're interested.

Alright, I'm calling it Sunday morning! He's a true flamer, chairman this! I also find the name sac religious, cause I did Frank

You feel Stabed in the back by a union brother? wow this industry will tear its self apart partly because of guys that went to regionals for a 2 year up grade with 600 hours time and now wonder why they can't upgrade in 5 years at a major and make statement such as them stabbing you in the back I think it is the other way around.

CAL has an extraordinarily bad concessionary contract in place which resulted from an enormous effort to save the 100% lump sum for retirees. UAL's Paul W. tried [failed] to "save the A fund" by similiarly leveraging the bottom seniority's careers. Then the top UAL types got most of the bond money! On top of all this factor in age 65. Senior ALPA has taken enough for themselves and the junior types have done more than enough! Shutdowns and mergers are upon us, furloughs are now more likely than hiring...I think it's time Prater start talking about what he's going to do for junior pilots.

This generation of senior ALPA is not only stabbing those of us who are now junior in the back, they've stabbed those senior to them in the back as well. Because back then senior pilots would put more on the line for them than they are now willing.

Latest resources

Back