• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ALPA Message to USAirways Pilots pt 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, its true. F'd guys can come back as 190 Captains and some have.

F'd guys? F'd guys? Geezus, these are people with families, mortgages, college to pay for. They've been through hell for 16 years.

Also, I believe just over 100 guys got upgraded out east last bid.

Oh!!! Those greedy bastards!!! 100 pilots who've worked at this airline, in the east where all the revenue is made, continuously for over 20 years. Jeeze, those upgrade should have gone west. I wonder how bad you'll be crying about slow advancement after the next merger.

Who is facing a third furlough? Certainly nobody at USAirways. We are now hiring off the street.

That's probably the most naive quote ever on this board....!

Who's facing a third furlough? every East pilot hired since 1988, while no West pilot will likely ever have to share that pain.

Hiring off the street? That means there won't be furloughs? What F'en planet are you on? Is it a junior base?

Why should he sacrifice anything? He was working at AWA and never intended to work at USAir.

And most East pilots never intended to work at AWA, especially when it was a bottom feeder. So....what's your point? That if a pilot never intended to work at a different airline then he should just cruise through life? WTF are you talking about?

The 18 year fo on reserve in DCA is still on reserve, and the 4 year fo at AWA is still on reserve in PHX.

Right. And that means........?

Who is facing a third furlough? Certainly nobody at USAirways. We are now hiring off the street.

Why should he sacrifice anything? He was working at AWA and never intended to work at USAir. The sacrifices of the AAA pilots were because of YEARS of mismanagement and TWO, count 'em ONE... TWO... trips into Bankruptcy.

They sacrificed to save their own jobs. They did and now they got acquired... er merged.

Isn't this the same line of reasoning the AA guys used to staple the TWA pilots? Do you support the actions of the APA with their merger?

Ah Frank... No. This is not anything like the APA/TWA deal. But hey, thanks for posting.

Shouldn't you be hard at work right now putting together a deal to buy this airline, break us up and and sell us off.

BeCareful....

With your logic, every pilot in the industry is facing furlough. EVERY PILOT. And you know what, you're right. We could all lose our jobs.

But it is obvious you're as blind as the rest of the USAPA dorks and can't get over the fact that you got slotted with relative seniority to a young airline.

Sorry. USAir has been a loser for the last, oh I don't know, since they bought PSA back in '87 so that would be about 20 years. Everyone who went to work there in the interim knew it sucked there seeing as how they all said USAirways stood for Unfortunately Still Allegheny. So guess what, the jokes on you guys.

You got bought, you took it to an arbritator and he saw through all your weak arguments.

Welcome to the new USAirways no longer Allegheny. Quit, or get in line, but this battle is over.

Ah Grog....still trying to apply logic and common sense to a highly emotional issue. Did you learn nothing at your former employer?!

Silly caveman.

F'd guys? F'd guys? Geezus, these are people with families, mortgages, college to pay for. They've been through hell for 16 years.

How silly of those of us at AWA, none of us have families or mortgages or even college to pay for. Indeed you have been through hell for 16 years and I insist on trashing my own career to fix yours

in the east where all the revenue is made, continuously for over 20 years.

Jeeze, I guess you haven't read financial papers for over 20 years because "all" the revenue you speak of was barely enough to get AAA into BANKRUPTCY twice. Only to emerge after the 2nd time after the efforts and agreement of the CEO of AWA. Could it be why Lakefield remarked at how this was more than YOU could have hoped for....................

Just what brand of CRACK do you guys smoke over there and keep a medical ?????????????
/////

I can't believe they're upgrading people who were on the street 2 yrs ago.

The junior west guys have been dealt the largest helping of sh^t in this deal and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

You were hired with AWA in October of 2004 with 2900 hours Total Time, and you are complaining about a guy that was hired in 1988 getting a Captain seat in the most junior airplane!!???

Most of the Junior guys on the Airways seniority list still have more time of active service than you do with the carrier and they have been furloughed for 6 years!!

There are folks at AWA that have a right to bi#$h about items like this........however you are not one of them.

You won't get any of the AWA guys to vote to decertify, and there will be enough intelligent minds on the East side to keep USAPA from getting the majority they need.

I got no dog in this fight but you forgot one thing....this vote is only for the East guys...not the west guys.

I got no dog in this fight but you forgot one thing....this vote is only for the East guys...not the west guys.

Not true. As far as the NMB is concerned, this is a single bargaining unit now, and both East and West will have a vote. In order for the decert to go through, USAPA will have to convince a majority of the combined total group to vote for it.

Latest resources

Back