• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AirTran TA Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way mr and ms reserve, here is what you can expect under the new TA: lets say you are on the last day of a 4 day trip assigned on reserve. The 4th day has one leg back to domicile. After you land and call scheduling, they tell you that you need to sit ready reserve. While sitting ready reserve they find another trip for you that overnights in another city. Now I can move your day off, so now you will have to fly into your day off or perhaps two days off to work with scheduling after they fumbled with the reserves. These schedulers mismanage the current reserves under the current contract, now we want to give them more leeway to mess with the reserves? Oh yea Mr FO you will probable upgrade under this new TA and be subjected to these horrible reserve rules, so you better think twice about giving into this mess. New hires, the hourly pay currently is $42.75. Under the new TA, AirTran will lead the industry as being the only airline that will allow management to set the starting pay rates according to market conditions, not to go lower than $38.50. By the way, you have to pay for lodging while in initial training! This is deplorable! I'm embarrassed by this junk! We will set a new low in this industry with this mess. But AP and the NC say this isn't concessionary. Hmmm!

one problem that the union and company will have getting this turd passed is this...no one on reserve or close to upgrade will vote this in...that plus at least half of this list now is made up of commuter guys and guys that were furloughed from others carriers and took it in the shorts and guys like that are not gonna put up with this crap any longer...

nice try bod and nc....start over...

oh and any midwest pilot better hope this thing gets flushed.....

the reserve lines that have movable days off are voluntary. Don't bid it unless you want it. If you do bid it, you receive 12 days off min.

RV

the reserve lines that have movable days off are voluntary. Don't bid it unless you want it. If you do bid it, you receive 12 days off min.

RV

Are you kidding, who would bid for that kind of abuse for one extra day off? I'm guessing you are a line holder?

RV

Wrong. Read the TA. Where does it say that all reserve lines can't have moveable days? If you can show me I will stand corrected.

d. Reserve Line holders:
1) All reserve lines will contain at least two (2) blocks of days off containing three (3) consecutive days off.
2) Reserve Pilots will receive not less then ten (10) calendar days off in a thirty (30) day bid period, or eleven (11) calendar days off in a thirty-one (31) day bid period
3) The Company may convert reserves to a system of movable days off as defined in 14.d.4). below. Each Reserve Pilot will then receive not less than twelve (12) calendar days off in that bid period.
a) Should the Company make this conversion, the Association will meet with the Company after three (3) full bid periods to evaluate the effectiveness of the new system. Either party may discontinue this system with written notice to the other.
b) With said notice, the Company will return to the day off limits set in 14.d.2. within three (3) full bid periods.
4) Reserve Lines with Movable Days Off (R-MDO):
a) R-MDO holders will receive a minimum of twelve (12) days off each bid period. At least two (2) of the day off blocks shall be three (3) consecutive days.
b) Crew Scheduling may move a R-MDO Pilot’s days off in two (2) ways:
(1)Reserve Period Adjustment
(a)Three (3) or more calendar days prior to the first day affected, one (1) or two (2) consecutive days off may be moved in either direction to receive a reserve TAP assignment. Once moved, those days off may no longer be adjusted utilizing the MDO method.
(b)The new reserve TAP shall be the same type as the TAP removed and will comply with F.11.a.
(2)Flight assignment
(a)Flying may be assigned to a R-MDO that spans into his day(s) off.
(b)The assignment may span no more than two (2) current calendar days off in either direction.
(c)The assignment must occur within the three (3) day assignment window provided that:
(i)The notification is made during a TAP or an existing duty period.
(ii)Such flying assignment must be scheduled to start no later than the last calendar day of the current block of reserve days, or scheduled to arrive no earlier than the first day of a block of reserve days.
5) Movable days off may not result in a R-MDO Pilot receiving a single calendar day off.
6) After the Final Schedule Award, a R-MDO Pilot may designate up to two (2) of his blocks of days off as “golden days off” (GDO) which the Company may not move, except by mutual consent between the Pilot and the Company, after the Final Schedule Award. GDO’s will not apply if the Pilot is awarded a move-up line.
7) Crew Scheduling may move a R-MDO’s days off only when consistent with need to protect reserve availability.

Golden days off?!? More like a Golden Shower from scheduling for the rest of the month.......

Like I've said, if this is voted down with a large bang (+80%) we can have some push at the table, if this goes marginal (55%) or so this could look like the good TA. If it dies we have to supprt the BoD/NC who ever theyare in the Picketing etc, if not we are screwged because the ability to hold the company fast is lost. I would bet the BoD is supporting this because they feel the pilot group may not be up for the fight it would take to gain a stronger contract. Prove them wrong if you can.

So other than to vote NO, do you guys have any REAL ideas on how to fix the TA.

Latest resources

Back