• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AirTran TA Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go back to jerkin it in your mom's basement troll. The grown ups are trying to have a conversation here.

Grown ups don't say "Jerkin it in your mom's basement troll."

Say what you want but companies just aren't making enough money to afford raises yet. If pilots get a raise then everyone else is going to want one. I highly doubt you guys can afford it. How much did you g uys make last year? Try adding in a raise and those profits turn to a loss.

BTW I never said yuou shouldn't get a raise but am trying to look at the reality of the industry. That reality just doesn't support it.

Like I've said, if this is voted down with a large bang (+80%) we can have some push at the table, if this goes marginal (55%) or so this could look like the good TA. If it dies we have to supprt the BoD/NC who ever theyare in the Picketing etc, if not we are screwged because the ability to hold the company fast is lost. I would bet the BoD is supporting this because they feel the pilot group may not be up for the fight it would take to gain a stronger contract. Prove them wrong if you can.

So other than to vote NO, do you guys have any REAL ideas on how to fix the TA.
WRONG! The BODs did the right thing sending this to the pilots. Now the whole pilot group can see what our negotiating committee and the company have been up to the last couple of years. If the board had voted this down, then the company would have started with the propaganda letters all over again telling us how the board didn't give us a chance to decide for ourselves. Now that the pilot group will have an opportunity to see what the Negotiating committee has come up with, the whole pilot group can decide for themselves. If this is voted down by a large margin, the company can't say the board voted down a good contract and the pilots didn't have a chance to decide for themselves. Been there seen this before, MR! The board did exactly what it was supposed to do....send it to the body and let them decide!

Now the negotiating team is another matter all by itself. Depending on how the vote goes. It will either be a vote of no confidence in the NC with a large turn out and a overwhelming NO or support with a close vote! After this thing is hopefully shot down, there will be some ideas brought forward, I for one will be first at the table. But this TA is not good enough for this pilot group and sets a dangerous precedence going forward!

Last edited:
Grown ups don't say "Jerkin it in your mom's basement troll."

Say what you want but companies just aren't making enough money to afford raises yet. If pilots get a raise then everyone else is going to want one. I highly doubt you guys can afford it. How much did you g uys make last year? Try adding in a raise and those profits turn to a loss.

BTW I never said yuou shouldn't get a raise but am trying to look at the reality of the industry. That reality just doesn't support it.
Here's another reality for you dude. Our management is among the highest compensated in this business. We are poised to make some serious coin in the coming years. I like hopefully most others here do not wish to skin the sheep, merely to join Joe and his minions in fleecing it.

I think we're all in for paycuts unfortunately. Look at the legacies. Now it is the LCC's. Time to deal with reality and the likely paycuts ahead.:mad:
Sir, you don't understand what is going on! We have to be willing to fight for our careers and preserve our profession. If you are a RJ driver, be thankful. That is part of the problem with this industry. Jets should be flown by mainline at RATES the market can sustain. Keep believing that nonsense you keep printing and you will forever be flying a RJ at wages just above minimum wage. If that is what you think of your profession, then please do us all a favor and GET OUT! We need people in this profession that will protect it and are willing to fight for what they have earned. When the men and women at UNITED, DELTA, AND US AIRWAYS lost their pensions, unions all over this country should have stood up and fought for what was by law supposed to be funded, but was stolen for the sake of executive bonus'. YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT! Americans, wake up and start fighting for what you worked so hard for and don't let a soul take it away from you!

saving my money for my strike fund!....gonna start drinking ol swill I guess !

So other than to vote NO, do you guys have any REAL ideas on how to fix the TA.

How about recalling the BOD and getting some new negotiators that actually represent the rest of the 80% of the group? Three years at 100 hours a month of pay for this garbage? LOL, we've been getting ripped off whether if it passes or not! We should have just put the money in to the strike fund. The TA is seriously so bad that I have to think(and hope) that maybe this is all a negotiating technique, and that the overwhelming F*CK NO vote will be more meaningful than anything else. However, after the holiday raping, age 65 crap, etc. even if we vote no, I have no confidence that they will actually be honest about the result. Who's to stop them from saying, " Oh yeah, it passed 65/35"? We'll get stuck with this turd even though we won't be able to find anyone who actually voted for it. How can anyone sit there with a straight face and say this isn't a concessionary contract? That's just an insult and a slap in the face, and not from the company, but from "one of us".

VOTE NO!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back