• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AGE limit discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard our #1 on the list was just in DC lobbying for an increase in the age limit to 70. He has more money than he knows what to do with and enough to be dangerous. He will never leave the seat unless forced out.

blanket party

It took decades to get 65 approved, and only after ICAO led the charge.

You guys are getting yourselves all spun up for no reason. But keep going, it's hilarious to watch.

I was on a crew bus the other day and heard two guys from another airline talking about going to 67, If I'd have been a FFDO he would've "Retired" right there...

Moron was saying he made more as a 737 captain in '84 then he was making now on a 767...You've had your turn, it's time to go!!! I'm sorry you spent it on ex wives, and lost what was left in Bankruptcy BUT if you've been a Captain that long and didn't save anything, Don't know what to tell you BUT BYE BYE!

Later,
KBB

In other words, maybe letting pilots play with guns is not such a good idea?

I've heard our #1 on the list was just in DC lobbying for an increase in the age limit to 70. He has more money than he knows what to do with and enough to be dangerous. He will never leave the seat unless forced out.
Tell him he might as well argue for 110, that'll save him another trip in 4 years.

It took decades to get 65 approved, and only after ICAO led the charge.

You guys are getting yourselves all spun up for no reason. But keep going, it's hilarious to watch.

And it'll take the politicians 30 seconds to slip it into any Tom, Dick, or Harry legislation once again. Momentum. No decades required.

Heard some age 67 rumbling... age 67 = ALPA gone.
Over 60, right seat. Don't see how having to schedule and staff an airframe around everyone over 60 is preferable to hiring more pilots. Eventually you'll need twice as many pilots, all the over 60 guys to staff the airline, then 1 under 60 per each to fly with them. Not even talking the productivity the airlines get from them. I think some of the companies are finding out the short term "benefits" of this isn't as helpful as replacement. I hope it never happens, but I will let an unsafe pilot know I won't fly with them... as I hope he/she would to me. Then I would let scheduling know.
And the argument about age rules being too broad, everyone is different etc. can be the same for rest rules, not everyone needs 8hrs sleep, some can get along just fine with 4, I don't see why the government needs to be limiting my potential productivity with these "numbers."

Latest resources

Back