• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AGE limit discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From two top sources: There is NO credible effort to raise the retirement age again. There are a few random pilots trying to do something, but they are regarded as pathetic.

I fly with the oldest guys left. Couple recent observations: Having two knees replaced ought to be disqualifying. Lifelong smoker should be as well. The guys who will be retiring at 65 are not going to handle retirement well. Even with the windfall, they are extremely bitter. If you are flying with one, watch the airplane close and watch your back even closer. We're all going to see retaliation and cronyism as these guys lash out at the world.

Flown with several 60+ ers and a few were a total handful and one was still super sharp, just depends on how they are built genetically and how they have managed their lifestyle.

I can't see many pilots being able to hold it together after the age of 65 without a very competent co-pilot, so when one crashes the bird because they forget what it is they were doing, discussions on restrictions on which seat they can fly etc will be withheld. The old have to wait until someone dies to see a change! ...until then just don't be the one they kill! Watch your butt!

Pilot shortage LOL. JP

I was on a crew bus the other day and heard two guys from another airline talking about going to 67, If I'd have been a FFDO he would've "Retired" right there...

Moron was saying he made more as a 737 captain in '84 then he was making now on a 767...You've had your turn, it's time to go!!! I'm sorry you spent it on ex wives, and lost what was left in Bankruptcy BUT if you've been a Captain that long and didn't save anything, Don't know what to tell you BUT BYE BYE!

Later,
KBB

I think that all of you old farts over 40 should get out of my seat! You had your chance and you didn't make it, so what if the economy has been bad, so what if the retirement age was raised, so what if they cut back on capacity. None of that matters. It was all in your control wasn't it? Again, you had your chance get out of my seat!!!!

At US Airways there are MANY pilots over 63 right now with 1,500 hours of sick bank and they don't want to leave. They rather loose 1,500 hours of FULL pay than stop working. What a bunch of scumbags!!! Yeah!! blame it on the 5 ex-wives.

classic "Get out of my seat"

Yeah yip, you're right, here we go again- I've laid out all my reasons time and again- and you ignore them and respond with "classic, get out of my seat".
You're nothing but an irrational troll on this subject.
Refute my argument, but stop telling me what my real intentions are- I have more integrity in my pinky than most boomers have shown themselves to have in their whole body. And the difference between captain money and FO money is stupid to me- not even close to worth giving up the seniority. Upgrade thinking is regional thinking- and I get a whole lot bigger ego boost from helping to run our business, than I ever will from sitting in the left seat again-
I just don't care.
Now is it that for some? Sure. But that's not an altogether bad argument either since boomers benefitted from madatory retirement ages their whole career-
But that's not my argument - and you're reallby showing that you have flimsy arguments by always going that route

From two top sources: There is NO credible effort to raise the retirement age again. There are a few random pilots trying to do something, but they are regarded as pathetic.

I fly with the oldest guys left. Couple recent observations: Having two knees replaced ought to be disqualifying. Lifelong smoker should be as well. The guys who will be retiring at 65 are not going to handle retirement well. Even with the windfall, they are extremely bitter. If you are flying with one, watch the airplane close and watch your back even closer. We're all going to see retaliation and cronyism as these guys lash out at the world.

Well, yeah- but I'm not carrying anybody who's supposed to be in command-- I'll get the right words on the tape and make sure they don't crash and I don't get violatedto and I won't bait anyone or like seeing it- but if I see a 64 year old sent packing bc his attitude is crap and skills eroded, I'm not going to cry. I'm not into "furthering the progress of the PIC"

I think that all of you old farts over 40 should get out of my seat! You had your chance and you didn't make it, so what if the economy has been bad, so what if the retirement age was raised, so what if they cut back on capacity. None of that matters. It was all in your control wasn't it? Again, you had your chance get out of my seat!!!!

If your a regional FO you might have a case. Are you? If not, then you just went full retard. Don't ever do that.

Yeah yip, you're right, ...............
But that's not my argument - and you're reallby showing that you have flimsy arguments by always going that route

Hi long time no name calling. I am all for any type of testing, mental, physical, etc to determine who should be able to fly an airplane, but it is uniformly applied across all age brackets starting at say age 40 when the EKG kicks in ever year. But to say these tests start at age 60, or 65 to eliminate the older pilots, while not subjecting the younger pilots to the same test, is well just "Get out of my seat" again

Dont act like a troll, wont be called a troll-
That's another problem yip- old guys of course want more testing-
I don't trust that the FAA would be all that reasonable-
That's the good thing about a mandatory retirement age, is we get to avoid a lot of layers of beauracracy-
The data on under 60 pilots is 50 years strong- why would we subject ourselves to testing for no reason? if you guys want to make the case for staying longer by suggesting more testing by the govt then let it apply to you.
I say avoid that by letting it work like the FE. Fly all you want- but you won't have final authority- let the under 60 captains evaluate you as you age-
"Get out of my seat" would be a better argument, if older pilots didn't get to that seat bc of retirement rules- Older pilots are just as guilty- is it fair to say Yip, that you're argument is: "I got mine, now I want yours"?

If the majors start to hire hotties like we have the old fats will fight to death to stay.

There wife number 5 would be younger than there grand kids

Latest resources

Back