• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AGE limit discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of the older people in my extended family couldn't wait retire from thier normal jobs, no idea why pilots want to work forever.

If only one guy (who could afford to retire) wants to keep working at an apparently lousy job, he is probably weird. If several guys want to do that, they might all be weird. But if hundreds of guys want to do it, maybe the job is not really that lousy.

I've heard our #1 on the list was just in DC lobbying for an increase in the age limit to 70. He has more money than he knows what to do with and enough to be dangerous. He will never leave the seat unless forced out.

Therein lies the problem, these @$$holes have the time and money to be back there lobbying. The junior guys are flying their butts off, making poop wages. Remember how quickly they shoved through 65, practically in the dead of night. You can bet those slime sucking sons of a beetches are working on it right now.

Lovely, another "get out of my seat" thread. Hate to break it to you boys, but Age 65 isn't going away. Time to get over it. Let's see how you feel about it when YOU'RE approaching 60. After all, unless you're 4 years old, Age 60 was the law when YOU started, too.

I'm already over age 65, learned to accept it. It's age fly till' you die that worries me. We've stagnated enough already.

Lovely, another "get out of my seat" thread. Hate to break it to you boys, but Age 65 isn't going away. Time to get over it. Let's see how you feel about it when YOU'RE approaching 60. After all, unless you're 4 years old, Age 60 was the law when YOU started, too.

God forbid anyone accuse you youngsters of hypocrisy.

If I'm still working past 55, then I've failed in my plan. Save and max out every possible retirement vehicle I can pump money into. The day my passive income surpasses my standard of living, I'm out. Rather than spend every dollar earned in a need to work until I'm dead.

We can at least thank the out going generation for that lesson.

You have to get hired by Delta before you can upgrade.

Funny how every time a young guy dies in flight, none of you advocate for lowering the retirement age.

I guess the inheritance won't be enough.

Actually it took less than 30 days.

Well, Homeland Security agrees. They cut the budget for the FFDO program in half.

God forbid anyone accuse you youngsters of hypocrisy.

Get a life pal! Move on to the next chapter of your life! There's more out there for you!.....

If I'm still working past 55, then I've failed in my plan. Save and max out every possible retirement vehicle I can pump money into. The day my passive income surpasses my standard of living, I'm out. Rather than spend every dollar earned in a need to work until I'm dead.

We can at least thank the out going generation for that lesson.

+1

word

My unpopular belief again-
Go ahead- fly til you can't hold a medical under the current system. No captain's over 60-
It's statistically the safest, just as we have more experienced pilots watch the youngsters develop and mature until they reach 23 years old before we let them captain- we should have <60 year old experienced captains watch and evaluate older pilots as they age.

Humans are simply not good at evaluating their age related impairment related to anything. Flying commercial jets is too important to make the Canadian law valid here.
FO all you want til 80 IF you're competent, that's fair. but you shouldn't captain past 60. And certainly not past 65.

Here we go again

My unpopular belief again-
Go ahead- fly til you can't hold a medical under the current system. No captain's over 60-
It's statistically the safest, just as we have more experienced pilots watch the youngsters develop and mature until they reach 23 years old before we let them captain- we should have <60 year old experienced captains watch and evaluate older pilots as they age.

Humans are simply not good at evaluating their age related impairment related to anything. Flying commercial jets is too important to make the Canadian law valid here.
FO all you want til 80 IF you're competent, that's fair. but you shouldn't captain past 60. And certainly not past 65.
classic "Get out of my seat"

Latest resources

Back