New AA Unlimited J/S carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughfodder said:
I'm glad APA is busy negotiating unlimited J/S rights for all these airlines.

Maybe someday when they run out of other airlines to worry about, they will start working for us fuloughed pilots on some issues.

No kidding!

AAPA can't even make it work for themselves much less the furloughees. How incredibly sAAd!

aa73 said:
My best guess is that even though AMR "owns the seats", the reciprocating part of the deal is only limited to American Airlines, in other words the AA FAA certificate.

In a way, though, TSA and CHQ are unlimited because you guys can just D2, right? No need to get the 1W if there are seats in the back.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

SWA will let us (Trash States) JS only if we are the first or second pilot requesting it. Otherwise we have to buy a pass, usually about 30 bucks per segment.
But they have so many daily flights that it usually is not a problem. Thanks for the info.

Well AA73,

Maybe you should note to your folks that Independence (flyi, the old ACA) is and has been unlimited jumpseats to every other 121 carrier on the planet including a LOT of your guys!

Would be nice if you could reciprocate because it sure does feel pretty lousy to be standing at a gate watching a 3/4 full AA plane pull out and knowing I'm not going home tonight because I don't qualify for "unlimited" on your list.

From the leader in jumpseat courtesy - ACA/flyi/Indy - if we've got a seat open - you're going with us - "No pilot is left behind".

Hoot R. Hunter said:
The union is all over it. For example:
1. Furlough clock up and running on the union website.
2. The union is using a furlough clock on the union website to increase membership awareness.
3. Did I mention the furlough clock........

Hope you're not expecting much more from the folks who brought the B scale to the industry and followed up that stunning achievement with the most concessionary agreement (at the time) outside of BK of any pilot organization in the history of mankind.

Regards,

You forgot to mention the APA's new 1000 hour counter and the link to premium flying ;o)

aa73 said:
Welcome aboard Frontier, Skywest and MidAtlantic.

For the entire list:

Alaska
Comair
Frontier
Jetblue
Midatlantic
Southwest
Skywest
USAir

Should keep on growing.

Regards,

Any idea why Independence Air is not on this list when we allow multiple jumpseaters on our planes? I ask because I didn't make it on a flight last week because there was a USAir guy already listed for the J/S. The plane left with 50+ open seats on it.

**Guess I could have read the other IDE guy's post before I put this up...Sorry.***

Last edited:
Not to mention FlyI allows off-line pilots and FA's to occupy the FA jumpseat.

GogglesPisano said:
Not to mention FlyI allows off-line pilots and FA's to occupy the FA jumpseat.

Good point...forgot about that one. Of course it's only on our A319's since the CRJ's don't have an extra one.

To all the AA'ers on this board, I want express my gratitude for the numerous rides to OAK and back that you have given me. It has greatly improved my commute to work. The D6U has definitely come in handy on more than one occasion. Thanks again for the help...hope I can repay it someday.

M 0

Nice to see ATA is conspicuously absent from the list.

For the record....we give unlimited J/S to every pilot working for a 121 or 135 carrier.

Thanks AA

How about Expressjet? They give out unlimited jumpseats to you guys and as far as I can tell they also give jumpseats to AA pilots to all the mexico cities.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back