• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AA Unlimited J/S carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I commute on AA all the time and according to all gate agents, NWA and NWAirlink has unlimited jumpseating too. Being part of CASS really helps !

Fly safe!

J32driver said:
Well, that does it. This Air Wisconsin captain just closed his jumpseat to multiple jumpseaters when AA pilots are involved. Sorry in advance for anybody that gets left behind, but don't cry to me, go cry to your jumpseat coordinator.

Thanks pal. We wouldn't dream of crying in front of you.

Nice way of solving the problem. Grow up.

Thanks AA and A. Eagle. Future DFW-JFK commuter....again. You guys have always been and will always be welcome on the Comair jumpseat.

Last edited:
aa73 said:
Thanks pal. We wouldn't dream of crying in front of you.

Nice way of solving the problem. Grow up.

Maybe I should clarify. I'll take 1 AA jumpseater and anyone else from any airline that shows up. If 2 AA guys show up, only 1 goes. Sorry!

Why has it come to this? Because I slept on the crew room couch after watching 2 half empty MD-80s leave me behind. Because AA has had MONTHS to fix this and hasnt. Because Our jumpseat coordinators have talked and yours has done nothing. Because the Air Willy guys have done the mature thing and it hasn't produced results. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Its time for some stranded AA guys to start squeaking!

When AA was 1 jumpseat period... I had no problem with that. But when you say "Unlimited for those that are unlimited" and then don't... THAT causes a problem. Why is it that Skywest qualifies and Air Wisconsin doesn't? We are both UAL Express... We both offer unlimited jumpseats.... yet your policy has been lopsided for months.

If you want a ride... its time to put some pressure on your jumpseat coordinator.

J32driver said:
Maybe I should clarify. I'll take 1 AA jumpseater and anyone else from any airline that shows up. If 2 AA guys show up, only 1 goes. Sorry!

Why has it come to this? Because I slept on the crew room couch after watching 2 half empty MD-80s leave me behind. Because AA has had MONTHS to fix this and hasnt. Because Our jumpseat coordinators have talked and yours has done nothing. Because the Air Willy guys have done the mature thing and it hasn't produced results. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Its time for some stranded AA guys to start squeaking!

When AA was 1 jumpseat period... I had no problem with that. But when you say "Unlimited for those that are unlimited" and then don't... THAT causes a problem. Why is it that Skywest qualifies and Air Wisconsin doesn't? We are both UAL Express... We both offer unlimited jumpseats.... yet your policy has been lopsided for months.

If you want a ride... its time to put some pressure on your jumpseat coordinator.

Maybe I should clarify again.

Grow up.

I don't know why our agreement is the way it is. I certainly can't do much to change it. I can sit here and put all the "pressure" on my j/s coordinator without any results. All I do is try and be helpful in pointing out our SLOW process in adding unlimited carriers once every 3 months or so. So much for that.

However, if you want to endanger the ONLY jumpseat agreement AA has with Air Willy, be my guest. I'm sure your pilots who commute on us will probably be equally affected once your type of "reciprocation" kicks in.

Realize that all our coordinators can do is repeatedly pester management for new carriers. Management has the final say.

If you want progress, better start acting a little nicer.

Don't screw this up for the rest of the 99% of PROFESSIONAL Air Willy pilots. You won't be very popular.

aa73 said:
I'm sure your pilots who commute on us will probably be equally affected once your type of "reciprocation" kicks in.

Dude... your already leaving us behind with empty seats on the airplane.

J32driver said:

Well, with your attitude - and the harm it can bring to your fellow Air Willy crewmembers - you are not exactly motivating us to fix the problem.

When an airline pilot wages a vendetta against another airline's pilot group using the jumpseat, reciprocal agreements get jeopardized. I don't think you want that to happen.

In other words, you won't get the problem fixed by focusing your anger issues on guys trying to get home or to work. You will make it worse, guaranteed. It's been tried before.

It's not the pilot group's fault. As I said, our coordinator is lobbying to get every reciprocal unlimited airline onto our list, but management calls the shots, and they take their time.

Lemme send our coordinator an email and see where it stands regarding Air Willy. I'll get back to you.

J32driver said:

What I meant by that is, when you turn the jumpseat down to one of our guys, eventually Air Willy pilots may find themeselves getting turned down by our guys as well. Hate breeds hate. Don't go down that road. You will end up compromising our agreement, and then everybody loses.

Hey aa73. while your at it, could you ask your jumpseat cord. whats up with ASA. since the DFW closure, we have a lot of guys that commute from there and sure could use the help.

thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back