• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AA Unlimited J/S carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, we at ExpressJet Airlines (i.e. Continental Express) give unlimited jumpseats to every airline (and most 135) pilot out there. This is frustrating to me that airlines with this reciprocal agreement (i.e. AA) with some airlines do not have us on their list. I carry a ton of AA guys "on the jumpseat" and we do not get the same courtesy in return with their own same policy.

CLE145CA said:
Yes, we at ExpressJet Airlines (i.e. Continental Express) give unlimited jumpseats to every airline (and most 135) pilot out there. This is frustrating to me that airlines with this reciprocal agreement (i.e. AA) with some airlines do not have us on their list. I carry a ton of AA guys "on the jumpseat" and we do not get the same courtesy in return with their own same policy.

APA needs to stop patting themselves on the back and get more unlimited j/s.

I have a novel idea.. why not just.. say.............

HAVE AN OPEN UNLIMITED J/S POLICY? It would make it a helluva lot easier on everyone.

I saw that Alaska was on the list for unlimited jump on AA. Does anyone know if that includes QX - Horizon as well? I had the problem w/ AA a few years ago when they only took one on a 1/2 filled flight out of ORD. I spent the next 14 hours and 3 more flights trying to get home after getting bumped off of that flight. I know it can be a pain, that is why I dont have a prob taking as many JS as possible.

OK I will try and answer these one by one:

A few months ago I wrote that AA's plan is to eventually include ALL airlines that reciprocate "unlimited status" with us. Problem is, company and APA are taking their sweet old time - you know, between furlough announcements, filing charges against fellow pilots, asking pilots to fly overtime, they've been a litlle busy. The result? We add maybe one or two airlines once every three months or so. I try and check Sabre periodically to see who's new on board. Then I post it here.

FlyI pilots.... Coex... ATA.. etc. Hopefully you all will be on board soon.

Unfortunately, while Alaska is unlimited, QX isn't. Why the heck not?

Guys and gals, I wish they would just say "unlimited" to everyone. I also wish we'd start recalling instead of furloughing. Hell, don't get me started on my wish list, I'll be here all day.

P.S. FlyI pilots - best of luck to you guys and gals, I had a blast when I worked there.

73, ex ACA

aa73 said:
P.S. FlyI pilots - best of luck to you guys and gals, I had a blast when I worked there.

73, ex ACA

You aren't a New Yorker that has a fondness for vegas are you?

Or JP?

To all those who aren't on the unlimited list:

This is a MAJOR breakthrough from AMR management. Keep in mind we are talking about the hardest line management in the airline business since the Ju-52 roamed the skies...

APA has been working on its relationship with management. This is one of the benefits of that improved relationship.

This jumpseat deal should trickle down to most other carriers eventually--but it certainly won't come all at once*. Be patient.TC

* Or, it could disappear with a change in regime in DFW...

Well, that does it. This Air Wisconsin captain just closed his jumpseat to multiple jumpseaters when AA pilots are involved. Sorry in advance for anybody that gets left behind, but don't cry to me, go cry to your jumpseat coordinator.

J32driver said:
Well, that does it. This Air Wisconsin captain just closed his jumpseat to multiple jumpseaters when AA pilots are involved. Sorry in advance for anybody that gets left behind, but don't cry to me, go cry to your jumpseat coordinator.

Great idea.... Another case of "pilots helping pilots"

"Well, that does it. This Air Wisconsin captain just closed his jumpseat to multiple jumpseaters when AA pilots are involved. Sorry in advance for anybody that gets left behind, but don't cry to me, go cry to your jumpseat coordinator"

That is just silly, while I get your point, the linepilot you leave behind will just have to spend another night out, when he would be thrilled to be on his way home.

I work for jetblue, I commute. I will bend over backwards to help, we will take as many as we have seats, plus two seats available in the cockpit (Regs permitting) and the extra two F/A seats in the back. Yes I wish everyone would be unlimited, but they are not, tough shat, be that as it may, they will aways get a ride from me!

AFAIK, Air Whiskey does not allow OAL F/A's to jumpseat, well jetblue does, should I be leaving A/W F/A's behind, I think not!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back