Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They did and hope they get back soon.

Didn't airtran furlough in 2008?

Over 160 on the street unless they recalled within the last couple of weeks.

Didn't airtran furlough in 2008?

Recalling 35 this month (first class starts this week) and another 40-60 in the next few months. Probably have everyone back by the end of the summer with the possibility of hiring before the year is out.

You would never make it here...ever...so it is a good thing you did not apply, you would have soon been looking for another job.

:laugh: Wow. Some of you guys really are a bunch of pompous asses. I've got news for you: your crap stinks, too.

Am I close?

Not really.

By the way, what do you think ALPA is going to do for you? You do know their record in the past 10 years right?

I was an ALPA rep for a while, so yeah, I'm very familiar with ALPA. Looking forward to having their support again.

Okay boys. Simmer down. I come from a "bi" household. I'm a lifelong corporate and now Netjet guy and she's a career airline type at a major airline soon to pass (sadly) into the history books. Both jobs have their rewards and both have their "challenges." I think it is kind of of pointless to rip each other up simply because our careers took different paths and we all would like to able to defend the choices we have made (even if we might secretly regret a few of them).

Especially since this thread WAS ABOUT NETJETS' APPLICATION TO JOIN CASS.

Which, by the way, will be approved eventually. And, once again, this is about forcing TSA to recognize fractional pilots as fully vetted crewmembers that pose no security threat to the system. It is NOT about the jumpseat.

Resume bashing if you must.

Actually, we're projecting a $76 million profit next year, which would be the highest in the company's history. But thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

If your attitude is representative of the rest of the Frac pilots, then I'm extremely happy that I didn't apply to Netjets like I was thinking of doing.

Quit complaining and take pride in your work. That is your problem, you think the world owes you something.

As a captain id hope that you would know the condition of your plane reflects upon YOU. saying "it isnt my job" is exactly why you wouldnt make it at netjets.

I wish you would have come here, I would take pride in changing your life for the better.

Quit complaining and take pride in your work.

I do take pride in my work. Not in someone else's.

I wish you would have come here, I would take pride in changing your life for the better.

Another pompous ass. Seems to be a trend. :rolleyes:

Oh boy. point and counter point time...

A few responses...

SWA is the one company that doesn't exploit in employees... they don't have to ask, or push their employees to help out... the employees do so because they trust their management to respect them...

So too at NetJets. Wasn't always so though.

And yet you don't work for a 121 carrier...

I'm a recovered 121 pilot.

So the onus is ont he airline employee to turn a profit and run a successful airline? What do the execs do?

Who cares. Either you have responsible management that has a business plan or you don't. All you can do is a) your job, b) STFD, or c) leave. Your choice...

Then you know it doesn't include changing out honey pots and restocking crackers...

We don't change honeypots. We order it to be done by professional ramp agents that we tip well for it. It's a mutually beneficial agreement. Yes... I do restock pringles, Oreos, Jelly Bellies, hard candies, energy bars, trail mix bags, etc. on occasion. I eat my fair share too. Yum. I love it when I catch an Owner opening the snack drawer just to see what's there. Whether they have something or not, I know they appreciate having the drawer stocked. It helps them.... you know... become repeat Owners. Another mutually beneficial arrangement.

Perhaps because they are owners...

It's Owners with a capital O. Callit what you will... accountants call it revenue. And yes, I am revenue for your company when I travel. Owner, no. Thank God. Again, if you think you are influencing me to think positively about the airlines by your words, think again. If I spoke to an Owner like you speak to me (a customer) I'd be fired.

So what type of support do you get from management? Whip out your little pager and send a message that a certain level is service is required and it will more than likely get done...
Support? Anything we need to make the Owner happy (within reasonable parameters). Nothing is off limits to work towards so long as it is SAFE. Pager? No. A quick phone call to the appropriate level (if time allows). Many times, there is no time. I just do it and submit for expenses. It gets paid. The company may ask for clarification but the conversation ALWAYS ends with, "Oh. Great! Nice job. Thanks."

Perhaps you haven't been IN a 121 cockpit lately.. Many pilots are still trying to serve the customers however, we are not getting the support from the company... what do you suggest?

Nope. I'm sure you ARE trying. The biggest adjustment that 121 pilots have to make when going Frax is adjusting to an environment that expects the pilot to provide "service" with nothing to back it up. No support or funding for anything outside of the bix. The Chief Pilot or Regional Director of Flying at one of my former lives was perfectly happy dodging questions and flying jumbo jets once a month for $400,000 year. He was an overpaid spond doctor... not someone I would go to to get support for customer service approval. I know the feeling... nobody you deal with wants responsibility or has the authorization to make a call but plenty are ready to take authoity, until something bad happens. Then they point at you. One of many reasons I won't work 121 anymore.

You are probably right... flying into uncontrolled GA airports and cleaning cabins isn't a 121 pilots realm.

Nope. Our crews have Owner approval rated in the high 99% though in customer service surveys. I'm sure that clean cabins might have something to do with that. Again though, cabin cleaning is something we usually order done... then we leave a tip.

But it seems that many 121 pilots successfully come over to NJA... so what is the deal?

I did. And I chose to be an SIC 1t before accepting upgrade not so that I could learn to be a PIC. I did it so that I could learn the SYSTEM over here before being made responsible for it. I'm glad I did.

Again, we don't have the support from our managements.... the issue is much more complex...

It's complex? No. Not really. Pilots fighting each other. Management fighting pilots. Pilot fighting management. Pilots fighting the Union. The Union fighting the Union...

...Management turnover that consists of a few disticnt stages.
1) Introduction (empty promises that include aircraft orders).
2) Betrayal
3) Golden Parachute... and not for employees
4) Repeat

...A transportation system that is in a total state of denial that the party is over and has been over for years. The money has been made and the only place to go is consolidation to a few survivors. Cabotage is next. Not a great picture really. What is there to fight for? One could "pay their dues" for decades and never make decent pay.

Glad planty of 121 guys could find good employment at NJA...

Some have. I actually know more pilots that got out of aviation altogether than those that stayed in though. Sad though.

So the Netjets pretty boys tip someone else to clean the lav and clean the cabin, but they expect us 121 guys to do it ourselves? I think not. Maybe VOR is right about you guys.

So the Netjets pretty boys tip someone else to clean the lav and clean the cabin, but they expect us 121 guys to do it ourselves? I think not. Maybe VOR is right about you guys.

Are you advocating that I should handle a dirty lav and then catering?

Latest resources

Back