NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Help me here....I'm not sure,

Was it Hansell, or Pol Pot who said: "To keep you is no benefit, to destroy you is no loss."

I left Netjets with seven years of experience. I was great at my job. I was highly experience in the airplane. I knew the airports we frequently flew into. I knew the gotchas, locations of the FBO's, common taxi routes and approaches. I knew all the techniques for getting the job done. I was proud to be able to turn the jet in twenty minutes. I was proud to be able to fly into Hawaii one day with all the special oceanic procedures and fly into Canada the next. I liked the job.

Unfortunately, I was never compensated well. I was on the seven and seven schedule and my gross pay was about $76,000 a year (after SEVEN years) with no upgrade or good future in sight.

I shopped my skills after I had my fill of the new Hansell regime. I was hired by a major airline two months later.

Today I find myself two weeks from completing my probation year. It was a lot of work and stress to leave, but the future looks very bright.

This month my schedule was three on four off. Next month I will gross about $9350 for the month. The company will contribute about another 20% towards my retirement this coming year. I have basic healthcare that I don't pay for. The benefits are too many to list. All the open time I want to pick up.

The funny thing is I'm still doing basically the same job. Still the same skill set. One company was willing to pay for having an experience pilot up front. The other company was not. Who would you want to work for?

Good luck Netjets pilots.

You are grossly underpaid for the job you do. Don't sell yourself short.

Congrats good job.

I am listening. Just worried about the results of our tactics. I think Warren is already unhappy enough with us for having 4 Unions on the property.

We didn't have four unions before WB sent in Sokol and his labor-hating lawyer.

Warren is unhappy with us?

As I heard this tears ran down my cheeks......

Tears of laughter. Geez G4, that is by far the funniest thing you have ever posted! What are you, 8 years old or something?

Dear Lord!

Semore (As he shakes head and walks away)

I am listening. Just worried about the results of our tactics. I think Warren is already unhappy enough with us for having 4 Unions on the property. And I think a new owner would treat us badly compared to Warren.

You haven't been listening since day one.

How many people need to explain it to you?

How many people have to point out that your flawed thinking is not going to get us anywhere?

At what point will you decide to take a stand?

When is enough is enough?

"It places the lotion on the skin or else it get the hose again." Enjoy your hole GIV.

You haven't been listening since day one.

How many people need to explain it to you?

How many people have to point out that your flawed thinking is not going to get us anywhere?

At what point will you decide to take a stand?

When is enough is enough?

I have been listening, just don't agree with you. Same info, different worldview. Better code of conduct.

Latest resources

Back