• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the early stage of negotiations it is to be expected for them to come in low, right?

2 years is the early stages? So we should be done in 10 years.

Does your previous union experience tell you this is normal?

I don't believe the Omaha picket is a good idea. Just negotiate vigorously and let's see what the finished voting product is.

Its called leverage dude.

Let's say we're having dinner together. I put my wallet on th table and tell you there's $50,000 in it. You can have it if you convince me.

I promise that there is NOTHING you can say that will convince me to hand it over. NOTHING you can SAY. That is what negotiations are. Talk.

In order to get any of the $50,000 it has to be cheaper for me to hand it over than keep it. You have to LEVERAGE me to get it.

This analogy was published on our message board by someone much smarter than me. Perhaps you should spend some time there. You might learn something.

Its called leverage dude.

Let's say we're having dinner together. I put my wallet on th table and tell you there's $50,000 in it. You can have it if you convince me.

I promise that there is NOTHING you can say that will convince me to hand it over. NOTHING you can SAY. That is what negotiations are. Talk.

In order to get any of the $50,000 it has to be cheaper for me to hand it over than keep it. You have to LEVERAGE me to get it.

This analogy was published on our message board by someone much smarter than me. Perhaps you should spend some time there. You might learn something.

Could be. BTW, the opinion about the early stages was given to me by 3 colleagues who have quite a bit of union experience. I was quoting them, since my experience is limited in these matters.

Could be. BTW, the opinion about the early stages was given to me by 3 colleagues who have quite a bit of union experience. I was quoting them, since my experience is limited in these matters.

You mean your 3 friends that say they would SCAB knowing what they know now?

I'm not sure what their stance is on scabbing. I had asked a question about how long we have before we see a finished product to vote on, and they smiled and said this is a long process of which we are in the early stages.

Are you capable of having a normal conversation without acrimony and sarcasm? I ask this sincerely. You have a lot of knowledge, but discussing things with you is like slogging through hip deep cold molasses. Can we lighten up a little? The world is not divided between Friends and Enemies, with nobody in between.

Could be? It is.

We are not in the early stages. I have more union experience than you. Will you believe me too?

Convince me to give you $50,000 and I'll do it. Seriously.

Are you capable of having a normal conversation without acrimony and sarcasm? I ask this sincerely. You have a lot of knowledge, but discussing things with you is like slogging through hip deep cold molasses. Can we lighten up a little? The world is not divided between Friends and Enemies, with nobody in between.

I'm able to have a conversation with someone that understands what I'm trying to explain to them. Actually not just me trying to explain to them but many pilots and they still don't get it.

Oh wait I did it again. I'm a bad person.

I'm able to have a conversation with someone that understands what I'm trying to explain to them. Actually not just me trying to explain to them but many pilots and they still don't get it.

Oh wait I did it again. I'm a bad person.

You are not a bad person. But those who disagree with you are not bad people either.

Latest resources

Back