• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I post anonymously precisely because union goons, maybe not you, would mistreat me if they knew who I am. I will NOT picket in Omaha, not because I don't want us to get a good deal, but because I think it is the wrong tactic. I want the same thing you want, but feel the union tactics will backfire. I care about our "brothers and sisters" just as much as you do. BTW, you pretend that I am the only pro free market guy at NJA, and I KNOW you know better, because you are on the Guffstream too. A lot of pilots here agree with me, they just don't have the intestinal fortitude (UNDERSTANDABLY) to post here or elsewhere. Because of the vitriol from the goons. Also, I express my views all the time to my fellow pilots, and they do the same with me. At the Vue and elsewhere.

What experience do you have to say that Omaha will backfire and that this is the wrong tactic?

What experience do you have that says this method is wrong? Why do you insist on calling your fellow union brothers and sisters goons but do not acknowledge what the company has said to the pilots it holds in such high regards?

I don't think your assessment of the pilots is accurate anymore. I think in the beginning sure it was but now these pilots have seen the same loss of hotels and benefits and the continual erosion.

So no I think the majority that was anti union are changing to the minority. They are seeing what you aren't seeing that the company propaganda and the letters, the threats, the firings. That is the real thug style because they are playing with pilots lives, and their families, relationships.

I wouldn't call you posting on anonymous message board intestinal fortitude. Anybody can do it. If hiding behind a screen name is having balls.....lol

Ready for another union goon story? When the previous negotiations were going hot and heavy, two of my colleagues, in separate incidents, saw NJA pilots begin their preflight by turning on the landing/taxi lights. Then go inside for a while, coming out later to write up the broken bulb and grounding the plane.

Bullsh!T! Prove it or keep your fabricated, chickens$t lies to yourself!

Bullsh!T! Prove it or keep your fabricated, chickens$t lies to yourself!

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough, and cited a story you were not referencing. Same answer, however, Both stories about the landing lights were told to me by my fellow pilots, first hand accounts of what they saw.

What experience do you have to say that Omaha will backfire and that this is the wrong tactic?

What experience do you have that says this method is wrong? Why do you insist on calling your fellow union brothers and sisters goons but do not acknowledge what the company has said to the pilots it holds in such high regards?

I don't think your assessment of the pilots is accurate anymore. I think in the beginning sure it was but now these pilots have seen the same loss of hotels and benefits and the continual erosion.

So no I think the majority that was anti union are changing to the minority. They are seeing what you aren't seeing that the company propaganda and the letters, the threats, the firings. That is the real thug style because they are playing with pilots lives, and their families, relationships.

I wouldn't call you posting on anonymous message board intestinal fortitude. Anybody can do it. If hiding behind a screen name is having balls.....lol

I have quite a bit of management experience, and feel the tactics against Warren will not end well for us. Its just my opinion, and I could be wrong. Regarding intestinal fortitude, it is rather unpleasant for someone like me to post on any message boards, because union believers are so aggressive and think we are BAD people for believing in individual bargaining and market forces, who worry about pricing our employer out of the marketplace. We don't mind the disagreement and the good conversations that should result from them, but the vitriol gets really old.

You are right. I have, however, seen plenty of union/management negotiations through the years, and have spent hours with ex Eastern pilots, one of whom was on the Strike Committee. The things they told me about union malfeasance would curl the hair of any normal person. And how the union would drum up anger in order to manipulate the group. One would think pilots were smarter than that, but I guess not. But you are right. This is my first personal rodeo with a union, and NJASAP seems to do a good job, but the emotional negotiating process and the "embarass Warren" campaign worries me and many of my colleagues on the doughty Guffstreams. On a side topic, maybe Warren will sell us to Santulli. I think that would be cool.

Interesting, you example a strike that took place over twenty years ago. How about the Spirit strike. How did that turn out for those guys? That one is a little more recent.

My favorite union story? A friend of mine used to be a railroad worker. The union, every so often, would pull a loaded car to the side and loot it. Another friend, a colleague at NJA, used to work in a factory where the union forced the company to hire 6 cleaners for a job requiring one, having them rotate from the break room. This is called featherbedding, and it is deadly and immoral. Brought to you by your friendly coercive intimidating union. NJASAP is not like that, and they seem to do a pretty good job, which is a good argument for in- house unions.

I have quite a bit of management experience, and feel the tactics against Warren will not end well for us. Its just my opinion, and I could be wrong. Regarding intestinal fortitude, it is rather unpleasant for someone like me to post on any message boards, because union believers are so aggressive and think we are BAD people for believing in individual bargaining and market forces, who worry about pricing our employer out of the marketplace. We don't mind the disagreement and the good conversations that should result from them, but the vitriol gets really old.

Wow you have a bit of management experience. Amazing. That makes you a total expert on the subject of what we are doing.

How about you get on board with your union brothers and sisters. You're in a union now. Or if you feel strong enough about your feelings and don't tell anyone in public become a fees payer? Oh wait you want the union protection but you don't like how the sausage is made. Lol

In the end your opinion has no basis in reality. You have no experience. You have no plan other than to hope the demand outweighs the supply. You won't support your union. You have said you might/will cross a picket. But think it would be mean for people to shun you for doing so.

Pretty much sums up you want your cake and eat it too.

Interesting, you example a strike that took place over twenty years ago. How about the Spirit strike. How did that turn out for those guys? That one is a little more recent.

That strike worked out fine. I'm hoping, if NJA strikes, that it will be beneficial. I'm just worried. To be fair, the Eastern situation was a really poisonous case of an exceptionally aggressive Machinists Union. Nothing like NJASAP, thank goodness.

Latest resources

Back