NetJets TA Reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CapnVegetto said:
True, but it's the same thing at airlines, regionals, everything. I wonder how many FO's were on the negotiating committee? Senior captains run the show, so the FO's get hosed. Just like everwhere else. FO pay should be at least 60% of captain pay. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

XJT's NC Chairman for their recent round of negotiations was an FO.

-Neal

No...

This was definitely not a one sided win. Both sides gave up items that were promised to never be given up. (Retro, Domicile Basing for NewHires, and Bypass SICs all went under the bus) Just hope there is never a need again for the "grassroots" efforts we all fell for...

TurboJetCpt said:
Thank you sir/maam. Me too.

TurboDorkCpt,

After all of your negative comments and name calling, including the negative comments after this post, you want to be part of the team?

I'll bet that you are young and have "short man's syndrome". I may have asked you this before, but did you get beat up alot in high school?

Yes I stooped to your level and called you a name, but I think this is the first time I have done so to anyone in over 100 posts.

Some Guy

ozpilot said:
New hires will be told their domicile at the time employment is offered.

Really?
So, if I can't write passes on other airlines, and I can't jumpseat, with this proposition, it makes commuting really expensive then?

Is there more to it than this?

cosmo
if this were offered at flex jet would you be happy? or would you expect everyone at flex to take a "no raise" for the team. It seems like you are not impressed with this ta, 95% of the crews at flex, excluding managment would be thrilled if they were offered this. Flex could afford to pay their pilots just as much.
Flex has the best equipment in the industry, why not the best pay as well. think about it cosmo, i think your attitude is going to drive pilots away at a greater rate than now....

JustInfo said:
This was definitely not a one sided win. Both sides gave up items that were promised to never be given up. (Retro, Domicile Basing for NewHires, and Bypass SICs all went under the bus) Just hope there is never a need again for the "grassroots" efforts we all fell for...
So let me get this straight... All newhires will be ASSIGNED a base, and living at home in a reasonable-sized city is GONE?

Bypass SIC pay is GONE?

Those were two of the four main reasons for even CONSIDERING coming over there... IMHO after years of flying charter, corporate, and fractional, you're still going to have a hard time recruiting pilots if this T.A. passes. The F/O pay is just barely acceptable, they're going to be in that seat for YEARS, and now they'll have to move to a domicile OF THE COMPANY'S CHOOSING??!! :eek:

Hawkered said:
Sorry if I have sounded conceited, but attitudes like, "well if they're gonna work me more than 14 days a month", just don't cut it!

I have maintained a very humble approach to much of the conflict on this board on recent months. I make no excuse for having been an important part of this conflict resolve and I continue to be an effective negotiator.

I will say this again! If you don't want to work hard and your measurement of success is how much time you have off, we don't want you!!

Confidence, stability, hard work, motivation and loyalty are a MUST to make this work.
Put the kool-aid down and step away slowly...

You have NOT maintained a very humble approach; that's why someone called you "conceited". Telling people what THEY should or should not expect in terms of time off IS ARROGANT. Speaking for your entire company and saying that "WE DON'T WANT YOU if you measure your success in terms of how much time you have off" IS ARROGANT. Tooting your own horn about your importance in "this conflict resolve" IS ARROGANT.

I have news for you: THE VAST MAJORITY OF PILOTS IN ANY PART OF THIS INDUSTRY measure their success in life by being able to:

a.) Provide a minimum level of existence for themselves and their families.

b.) Have a reasonable amount of time at home TO ENJOY THEIR LIVES.

c.) Have a workplace that is enjoyable enough to come to that you don't make it miserable to yourself, your crew, and your passengers.

That's IT. It's fine that you don't share that view, but realize YOU'RE IN THE MINORITY HERE.

:rolleyes:

Hammer2,

Flexjet will step up to the plate, trust me, and no I'm not THAT impressed with what they got. Compared to what they had, YES, its impressive! No attitudes here bro, just trying to fit in!

bluepost said:
Best paintjobs yes...best equipment....try again...the 300 is awesome, everything else....ehhhhhhh

Are you serious?
Let's see- CJI, Citation Bravo, Excel, Hawker 400(best throw away plane out there)- all quite inferior to the 40/45; 800XP-OK, a bit better than the 60, but they both suck; CX, G-200, both VERY inferior to the 300, DA2000, still not a 600, but the EX is pretty close. OK no Gwhizzes, so that must be your equipment comment, unless you meant a larger % of aircraft in the NJA fleet over 5 years of age.

miles otoole said:
Are you serious?
Let's see- CJI, Citation Bravo, Excel, Hawker 400(best throw away plane out there)- all quite inferior to the 40/45

Other than being faster, The Excel is definitely superior to a lear 45.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back