Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawkered said:
So this is the deal guys:

I will say this again! If you don't want to work hard and your measurement of success is how much time you have off, we don't want you!!
:puke:

EASY Francis!

Its been a long time coming, and you deserve this and more. I'm glad ya'll have gotten a better deal!

The real deal for everybody but Hawkered is:
1) How much time can I spend with my family and loved ones?
2) How much can I provide for them/me?
:confused:

We've gone from "STFD" to this is the best place to work overnight... Entertaining...

Amen brother. I personally don't think the payscale they got is that great however, it is better than what they had. The same management is in place and the same pilots therefore; I think its only a matter of days before the whining and complaining starts up again about something.

I think we all got a glimpse, over the last few months, the kind of people that work at netjets and what kind of people netjets hires. In my estimation, the crying will never stop with this group...

Guys, I suggest you use green font in your future posts!

Is this enough to make you envious?

What about this?

Sorry to rub it in guys, I'll get back to normal in a couple of days!!

The truth is, that it has been very hard here while all of this was going on. We were on the front line everyday seeing the problems of hierachy and management by committee. We were told to "fly the pledge" and hope and pray that soon things would all work out.

Now we have a vested interest in the security of our futures as well as the financial well being of our owners and the Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders.

Undoing some of this harmful behavior will take time, so we do need to see some cheerleading to get things back to a happy medium!

Last edited:
Glad you are done

Glad you all are done. Now will someone pleash refresh my drink and get me the catering!!

To answer Hawkered: Perhaps NJA Owner could use his contacts to reduce the size of these bags we are getting lately. We can load lots of 'em, just break 'em down into smaller loads.

The latest quarterly NJA Update to the owners (which arrived last Friday) has asked us to spare the pilots backs and use smaller suitcases. If needed, onwers may need to repack their items at the FBO. This being said - for the past few months I have been using more, smaller bags and rarely takent he "big ones". Commercial avaiation got us into the big ones when there was a bag limit with a never enforced weight limit. Since 9/11, the wait limits are enforced and the big ones are way over.

As I have posted on the board before, my lawyers have always told me that in a good settlement, neither side is happy. It means they both gave meaningful compromises.

I look forward to continuing to put my life in your hands. Thanks guys.

Fly safe.

P.S. -- do I still need to give NetJetWife's husband a tip or have we gotten to an acceptable pay level?

NJA Owner,

I beleive that you have made references to your wife in the past, so if I may address you as Sir?

Sir,

Firstly, thank you for the consideration you have given this company and this pilot group throughout this ordeal. The unacceptable behaviors you have witnessed have no doubt taken place in the heat of frustration over rising credit card bills and $3.00 per/gall gas to get to work. It shows your true sense of smarts to realize that the happy medium we have come to, really isn't quite what either side wanted.

That you have seperated yourself from the emotions and faced the facts with humor would make me proud to get you your catering and find a smooth flight level, with the highest possible tailwind and the straightest route.

I can't answer for Netjet Wife. I don't think you guys should tip. I keep getting offered tips and I've made the practice lately of giving them to the co-pilots. More often than not, the F/Os are left with the aircraft to load bags while the captain exchanges pleasantries.

Thanks for sticking it out with us, the best is yet to come!!

Last edited:
I can answer for myself, thank you.

Hello Hawkered, 'Owner,and pilots,
While I share your enthusiasm for nearing the end of a long, drawn-out (from foot-dragging management) contract battle, I find the TA disappointing. I view it as only marginally acceptable in some important areas. I find the FO pay still woefully inadequate for the talents of those aviators who are also tasked with numerous additional duties, above and beyond flying the plane.

Note: I am not the one who first mentioned the T-word, but I will be happy to continue my education program...:)
For those of you who recall that thread--a reminder--and for those new to the subject, a short etiquette lesson, via my internet research on the subject. Tips are not given to pilots, UNLESS they perform personal service outside of the cockpit. As many NJA pilots also deliver/serve catering, load bags, and do other "favors" like calling ahead to make sure the limo is there, they HAVE earned an extra show of appreciation (a tip) for the extra attention given to their PX. Yes, the money is nice, but it is also the special recognition -for a job well -done that matters.

90K for a 5yr Captain sounds more like it, but remember that means a lot of the NJ pilots...like my talented, hard-working husband (those who know him, know how true that is!) still won't be paid what they're worth. Yes, it's better than it was, but we all know that's not saying much at the lower end of the spectrum. As an update, my husband recently left the XL to become an Ultra Capt. He was one of those who read the "writing on the wall". I'll say it again, I'm not a PBW fan. So feel free to take that into consideration, when you fly 'Owner. Your crew will still be underpaid relative to their skill and the attention they give to details of the flight.

I anticipate the passage of the TA, but will not be surprised if the numbers are much lower than the 93% we saw on the strike vote. "The Greedy Guys" (as my 4 yr old calls them) weren't interested in a contented pilotforce--just a compliant one. Personally, I hope the vote reflects the offer, according to its merit.

To the NJA FOs: my husband fought hard for the wages you deserve (his work was important but not visible to those outside the NC and EB) and we are as disappointed as you that the payscale doesn't reflect the sacrifices my family, and others, made this past year. I had my own motto while the pilots were flying the pledge, and I'd advise the NJ pilots to follow it.

JUST EARN THE PAYCHECK!

well owner-

I guess she did answer for herself and Hawkered for the rest of the pilots-

Tip NJW's husband but the rest of the pilot force knows how to manage money, expectations and their personal business.

dukeofdub said:
We have a lot of profit to generate and waste to find to afford this TA. We are ready to go all the way and make NetJets profitable and we will have to do it together.

My gawd you are an idiot.

Latest resources

Back