• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Strike Passes By 93%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seeking the protection of professional integrity for the workforce by all means necessary does not a marxist make....

Paradoxus said:
Seeking the protection of professional integrity for the workforce by all means necessary does not a marxist make....

Then why are you quoting Marxists, comrade?

Muddy

FAcFriend said:
Geez, must be nice to have such confidence. Why would they let you strike? Because when you strike they are also released from the contract- anyone can be replaced.

There is a bigger picture...
I majored in Confidence.

Yes any ONE can be replaced. Some are more costly to replace than others. But we are not talking about ONE. We are talking about thousands... who are NOT EASILY replaced.

The only reason management has any nerve is because of the RLA. Otherwise they would have caved in long ago. I am fairly sure they are close to caving in now.

NewsFlash. 7/7 is back!

El Chupacabra said:
I majored in Confidence.

Yes any ONE can be replaced. Some are more costly to replace than others. But we are not talking about ONE. We are talking about thousands... who are NOT EASILY replaced.

The only reason management has any nerve is because of the RLA. Otherwise they would have caved in long ago. I am fairly sure they are close to caving in now.

NewsFlash. 7/7 is back!

El- dont be sure that many cant be replaced. No it wont be easy, but this is not easy either...and

NEWSFLASH---7/7 was never gone. It is called: negotiation. Why do you think your union guys are negotiating scope, salary and schedule...everything is on the table and has been.

Last edited:
Friend,

You seem like an intelligent person. Do you know how long it takes to make... and release to the line -- one Citation X CAPTAIN?

I am ready to roll those dice. Let's get it over with now.

We have had experience with hiring Street Captains in the past. Do some research and find out how well that worked out. I understand it was a roaring success.

Last edited:
7/7

Well we always knew 7/7 would be back.

And we always knew the company wanted it too. Otherwise NJI would not be on it. and if the company really wanted 6/4 ... NJI would have been on it.

... if 6/4 is so important... why is the company limiting the present FLEX schedule? Its cheaper than their 6/4 proposal, has more work days and is more FLEXIBLE so every pilot on it is liable for duty 26 days per month. Why is the FLEX not made more available to volunteers who want it?

The answer is the 6/4 was devised simply as propaganda tool.

EL Chupacabra said:

The answer is the 6/4 was devised simply as propaganda tool.

Yes sir. Just a red herring floated out there.

Pssst. We've known it all along company trolls. Just research a few threads from a month ago when this topic came up.

Facfriend said:

El- dont be sure that many cant be replaced. No it wont be easy, but this is not easy either...and

Might be easy for V's and 400xps, but try and replace X, 200, and 2000 pilots. You will have the textbook definition of chaos!

CMHTroll said:
I think that a pilot in uniform shooting a semi-automatic weapon with the intent of threatening the company, making a video of it and sharing it with the Union is violence in the workplace. As did the authorities!

x402 said:
You see, that's just the type of information that only comes from people in the LABOR RELATIONS Dept. Private, inside, privilaged information. Does your friend know what you're doing with this info, how you are jepordizing his job?

The victim of this company misconduct has gotten his job back, no laws were broken, no animals were harmed in the making of the video. Oh, yes, I didn't talk about the 'other' incident, you're confused, that was another post.

So I think we have a place to start the search for the troll, I'll be sure to pass that along.

x402 - I thought that this would be privileged information as well. Imagine my surprise when one of my friends that I went to school with at OSU asked me about it this weekend. Turns out that this is now part of the public record as it was filed in US District Court here in Columbus, and is viewable by anyone that wants to take the time to look up the court records.

For those that are interested (and it does make interesting reading!) just go to the courthouse and look them up. Be sure to ask for the following documents:

Case 2:05-cv-00687-GLF-MRA Document 1-1 Filed 07/15/2005​
Case 2:05-cv-00687-GLF-MRA Document 1-2 Filed 07/15/2005

After reading both documents, I have to ask....if the union believes so strongly that this pilot was wronged, can we expect to see him featured on the next round of picketing signs?

Come on...go ahead and take a picture off the video and put it on some of your signs....I can see it now...the chairman of the union communications committee blazing away at a NetJets video with an AK47 while wearing the NetJets uniform....you could even put a headline in big bold letters stating "Stop Unfair Labor Practices" and a subtitle of "another victim of Management harassment".

Or are you concerned that the owners may not fully appreciate his 'sense of humor'?

FamilyGuy said:
x402 - I thought that this would be privileged information as well. Imagine my surprise when one of my friends that I went to school with at OSU asked me about it this weekend. Turns out that this is now part of the public record as it was filed in US District Court here in Columbus, and is viewable by anyone that wants to take the time to look up the court records.

For those that are interested (and it does make interesting reading!) just go to the courthouse and look them up. Be sure to ask for the following documents:

Case 2:05-cv-00687-GLF-MRA Document 1-1 Filed 07/15/2005​
Case 2:05-cv-00687-GLF-MRA Document 1-2 Filed 07/15/2005

After reading both documents, I have to ask....if the union believes so strongly that this pilot was wronged, can we expect to see him featured on the next round of picketing signs?

Come on...go ahead and take a picture off the video and put it on some of your signs....I can see it now...the chairman of the union communications committee blazing away at a NetJets video with an AK47 while wearing the NetJets uniform....you could even put a headline in big bold letters stating "Stop Unfair Labor Practices" and a subtitle of "another victim of Management harassment".

Or are you concerned that the owners may not fully appreciate his 'sense of humor'?

You are correct that since the Company has balked at it's agreement to abide by arbitraton and taken the extreme, but, legal step of Federal Court, this case is public.
However, the inside information from the PRIVATE HEARINGS came out well before the Federal suit. So, still someone in the room feeding info and there are very few people in the room.

Latest resources

Back