• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NETJETS Seat Lock and Upgrade Section 5.3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLOYD: You mentioned 36 airframes. What is the companies crew to airframe ratio? What about the training capacity? It is my understanding from training that they are very close to their capacity to pump out the maxium guys now. Guys get awards and wait months before they even step into class.
my .02 Cents

imacdog: The bids come out monthly. But, only a handful of numbers (3-5, as high as 12) per equipment. Congrat's and welcome to NETJETS... I personally love it here. This job is 10 times better than the "present airline situation" please no flame bait. I actually enjoyed the airlines before 911.

FLOYD: You mentioned 36 airframes. What is the companies crew to airframe ratio? What about the training capacity? It is my understanding from training that they are very close to their capacity to pump out the maxium guys now. Guys get awards and wait months before they even step into class.
my .02 Cents

I believe and correct me if I'm wrong, its roughly 10 pilots per aircraft. I have no Idea what the training capacity is as they seem to use multiple facilities(ie. "NetJets" training facility is not in existence), it would be hard to say.

Last edited:
FLOYD: Bro....... I would have to disagree with the 10 pilot ratio. The airlines average that, but I have been hearing on the street more around 5-8 pilot ratio to airframe. But, I really don't have a valid number?
Again, my 2 cents

Puck,

If upgrade is longer than 3.25 I would RUN from the Uboat for the G200, Falcon or 800XP. It is all a gamble, but my guess is that we won't see a Captain with a 2000 seniorty number for at least another 16 months. Hang in there.

Howz the hand BTW???:eek:

I don't work at NJA but I would look at it like this: IF you're 2 years from upgrade, or even a little less, you might as well get another type. Even if you miss your captain upgrade by just 6 months or so, look at it like this; the longer you spend in a falcon 2000, comfortably as an FO, is less time you'll spend as captain in a beechjet or ultra etc... Personally, I would sit FO in the 2000 until I could upgrade into an airplane that I wanted fly.

yeah but pay is quite different. its a tough gamble.
4 year capt is $80k.
4 year fo is $45k

check the online bidding system to see how far out you are. 2000EX FO might be a possibility.

I don't work at NJA but I would look at it like this: IF you're 2 years from upgrade, or even a little less, you might as well get another type. Even if you miss your captain upgrade by just 6 months or so, look at it like this; the longer you spend in a falcon 2000, comfortably as an FO, is less time you'll spend as captain in a beechjet or ultra etc... Personally, I would sit FO in the 2000 until I could upgrade into an airplane that I wanted fly.

Exaclty my point. If you are 2 yrs from a Capt slot, which I think you may be. I would go for comfort and QOL. Believe me there is a difference in that in the large cabin jets.

Gun is correct the ratio is 5-6 crew per jet, not 10.

So 36 airframes this year and figure 5.5 pilots per plane with 60% of all pilots are capt.

36x5.5= 198
198x.6= 118.8 capt.

So if you are 300 numbers away thats 2.5 yrs until upgrade assuming that NetJets keep getting aircraft at the same pace.

Latest resources

Back