• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NETJETS Seat Lock and Upgrade Section 5.3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind during your calculations that we are selling off airplanes as well. (Ultra for example)

Puck,

If upgrade is longer than 3.25 I would RUN from the Uboat for the G200, Falcon or 800XP. It is all a gamble, but my guess is that we won't see a Captain with a 2000 seniorty number for at least another 16 months. Hang in there.

The mid March list shows two with numbers higher 2000, half a dozen or so between 1900 & 2000, more PICs below 1800. Bring

Puck,

If upgrade is longer than 3.25 I would RUN from the Uboat for the G200, Falcon or 800XP. It is all a gamble, but my guess is that we won't see a Captain with a 2000 seniorty number for at least another 16 months. Hang in there.

The mid March list shows two with numbers higher 2000, half a dozen or so between 1900 & 2000, lots more PICs below 1800. Bring on those airplanes!

Guys's thanks again for your intel:)

VVJM265: The pilots you are indicating are prior contract and no more bypass. So, the ones you indicate are a wash. But, thanks for the input.
Welcome aboard

Guys's thanks again for your intel:)

VVJM265: The pilots you are indicating are prior contract and no more bypass. So, the ones you indicate are a wash. But, thanks for the input.
Welcome aboard

Thanks. Plan for the worst and hope for the best!
:beer:

I'm a new guy starting in May. At what point are you not considered a "new hire" as stated in 5.3(a)(i)?

I'm a new guy starting in May. At what point are you not considered a "new hire" as stated in 5.3(a)(i)?

<B>
5.3(a) New Hires​

</B>
All pilots hired after the date of ratification of this Agreement shall, upon their date of​

hire, incur a two (2) year equipment lock

You are not considered a new hire after your equipment lock is completed or you upgrade... before your 2 yr initial equipment lock.

The purpose of being considered a new hire is to Not be restricted from upgrading to Captain based on the arbitrary assignment of aircraft type by the company upon initial hiring. No one has an advantage or disadvantage in upgrading to Captain based upon this initial aircraft assignment.

In the past it was possible to upgrade before persons senior to you simply because of this arbitrary assignment. These more senior persons were considered BYPASSED for upgrade. They received PIC pay while still SICs since a junior pilot upgraded only because of the Equipment locks.

The company does not want to pay PIC pay to SICs. Therefore you will NOT be restricted from being awarded the first available PIC spot your seniority can hold.

If howevever you bid and get awarded an SIC spot in another type... You will be held to the equipment lock and can no longer win a Captain position in another type for 2 yrs.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back