NETJETS Seat Lock and Upgrade Section 5.3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
THANKS GUYS for your help

Thanks for your help guys. I got the answers I was looking for.

Cheers!

If the upgrades remain at a snell pace, I will bid FO.

It amazes me that someone would consider 2 years to upgrade, a "snell"s pace. I think you ment "snail" however. Eitherway, I guess you have never been furloughed or even talked to anyone at AE that has been in the right seat for 6+ years and still waiting to upgrade.

Everything is relative... In my opinion, two years to upgrade is incredible! Especially for a company like NetJets. Hopefully it holds out for all the newhires.

Everything is relative... In my opinion, two years to upgrade is incredible! Especially for a company like NetJets. Hopefully it holds out for all the newhires.

It can't. The "late comers" will end up at the bottom of a list that is no longer growing due to expansion, since RTS has made it clear that there are limits to how big he wants this organization to be.

Those who come after that magic point will only see upgrades through attrition, and they will be FO's for a very long time. We don't have to leave at 60.

Do the math. It's not rocket science. I've stated before that domiciles will not be as big an issue for future newhires as FO pay. I doubt many will be happy in year five or six still not seeing an upgrade in sight getting mid 40's. That will be the fate of the late comers.

How late is late? Nobody knows since our ultimate growth will only be seen with time. At least there's no pay for training.

FLOYD: thanks for your advice and the spelling lesson. I was typing from my blackberry, no excuse :) My situation would be closer to 4+ years to upgrade. The seat lock is 2 years.

LostComm: I'm somewhat in agreement with your explanation. RTS told us in recurrent that his goal would be 5000 pilots. But, he also said, that may not be possible, because this business model will "TOP OUT" at some point. The 5000 pilot’s goal was in next 8 - 10 years. Again, this is only an estimated goal by RTS. NO GUARENTEES!!!!

It can't. The "late comers" will end up at the bottom of a list that is no longer growing due to expansion, since RTS has made it clear that there are limits to how big he wants this organization to be.

I would have to argue that those that are hired this year will probably see a 2-3 year upgrade. Based on the business model of 4-5000 pilots on property being the ultimate goal, that puts the majority of newhires roughly half way up the list. What percent of pilots on the seniority list are PIC's again?

This year alone NetJets is netting 36 airframes. Thats huge growth. I was told that they can't make the XL's fast enough, and that they are sold out months in advance before even landing on property. Seems like a good time to get your foot in the door to me.

My situation would be closer to 4+ years to upgrade. The seat lock is 2 years.

Now you've managed to confuse me. (Which isn't very hard by the way) Didn't you say you were hired Nov. 2005 and looking at a possible upgrade roughly the end of this year?

FLOYD:eek:u are correct about Nov 05. However, I'm 300 numbers out from last upgrade. Therefore, based on current snail pace upgrades. that would take at least another 2+ years to upgrade, making a total of 4+ years on campus. Moreover bro.........I was furloughed from the major's and will not go back. Again, thanks for your input and advice.

For those planning on making a career out of NetJets, even a 5-6 year upgrade wouldn't be that bad. Sure, living on FO pay for a couple/few years more than some pilots wouldn't be a great deal, but you still have your years of service when upgrading instead of starting at the bottom of the Captain payscale. Just compare the upgrade time at NetJets with many major airlines and you can see it's quite reasonable, even for those getting hired now.

imacdog: Good point, and I agree! I would just perfer to hangout in a larger airframe (DA-2000, Example), than the uboat until upgrade arrives. I NETJETS all the way till retirement. I love the place!

Puck, I haven't even started class yet but if you are looking for a change from your current airframe I say bid a different plane and have fun with it. It could be quite a while to hold something like the G-200 or Falcon as a Captain, so it might be worth taking the opportunity to try out one of those planes now, while you are still an FO. How often do airplane/upgrade bids come out there?

Latest resources

Back