• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NETJETS Seat Lock and Upgrade Section 5.3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
be-400xpdriver...........Thanks again for the clairification. If you were in my shoes and your seat lock was expiring in NOV and there are 300 guys ahead of you and upgrades are at a snell pace........What would you do? Would you take a chance with another FO seat lock, or would you wait for the upgrade award?Thanks again advance. Heck, anyone else want to chime inn, would be appreciated......

Well F18 it depends on what jet you are on. I'm assuming that you are on the Ultra or Encore because of the CE500 type.

If I was in your shoes I would be out of that fleet so fast it would make their heads spin. There are so many cool aircraft to fly at NJA that I would look into that. Here is what I would do in your situation.

1. 2000ez FO: Good flying, with a FA to do the cleaning, cooking and taking care of the pax. You load the box and away you go to wherever the A team flies. Bad, having to fly with some of the A team. Good type to have also

2. 2000 Classic FO: Again a FA on board, good flying and also a good type to have.

3. G200 FO: No FA but better flying then the Ultra and you don't have to deal with the ultra FMs. Good type also.

4. Citation X: Good type to have and good flying also.

5. Soverign: New fleet, probably lots of down time for a FO. I know they are heavy with Capts.

That is all I have. Working in the bigger fleets compared to the smaller one's is like two different companies, sometimes. Sometimes it all sucks equally.

3. G200 FO: No FA but better flying then the Ultra and you don't have to deal with the ultra FMs. Good type also.

Hey, the Ultra ain't so bad. Most egos won't fit in the door though!

Ultra flies a few legs and then either doesn't fit the demand for other flight requests or break. Then you sit. Not hard.

P.S. I'd check the IBT site for good info. Call your P2P rep for better info. Contact a Steward for the best.

This site is like COSMO with wings.

Last edited:
Hey Puck,

If I was you, I would bid the DA2000 or the Easy. You might lose a few months of PIC pay...but then again...maybe not. 300 numbers is a lot at the current rate. I'm in the 2000 classic, life is very good here. IMHO I think it's worth it, you'd enjoy your FO time much more. Then again, I enjoyed my years in the U-boat!

Personally, I would stay on the uboat and wait for the pic bid. The plane isn't that bad, and your hands won't be tied. My $.02

Hey, the Ultra ain't so bad. Most egos won't fit in the door though!

Ultra flies a few legs and then either doesn't fit the demand for other flight requests or break. Then you sit. Not hard.

P.S. I'd check the IBT site for good info. Call your P2P rep for better info. Contact a Steward for the best.

This site is like COSMO with wings.

I liked my time in the Ultra. Do I miss it??? No.

My main issues with that fleet were the schedulers, and the nasty FMs.
and frying like a blister in the sun in the summer.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and insite. I think I will lay in the weeds until Oct, while monitoring the progress of upgrade's. If the upgrades remain at a snell pace, I will bid FO.

You should visit the NetJets message boards at www.IBT1108.org/public_nja_pilots.html quite a few other Jarhead Hornet pilots hang out there along with a lot of your Teamster brothers.

In 7 mths when your lock is up I'd put some money on it that you'll be within 3 mths of upgrading in the Encore, Beechjet or Uboat.

Last edited:
DO NOT bid the X!!! YOu will regret it. You will work harder than the U boat and your ass will hurt from the lOOOOONG flights.. been there and glad to now be in the XL.

Latest resources

Back