• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PUCKFA18

Netjets Contract 5.3
Hired Nov 2005

A lot of us are coming up on our first seat lock release date (2 years). Upgrades are at snell pace. I’m showing about 300 numbers out from last upgrade. A lot of us are interpreting the contract differently. I was hoping to get clarifications.

Situation: If at my termination of my seat lock date(Uboat), I choose to move to another aircraft as an FO(DA-2000,G-200,DA-2000Easy). Are we still eligible for any Capt upgrade award within my new two year seat lock. I referenced Section 5.3 and do not have a clear understanding. One section, or sub section says yes, but another leaves you in the gray area. Any thoughts, or advice? Thanks in advance.

On the union website they have had this discussion and it has been decided that you will be seat locked for 2 more years (3 on the G-IV) if you take a different FO seat. I'm not far behind you. The only FO position I've got on my bid is BBJ. I'm not getting locked until year 4 for anything less. I'm guessing on upgrading by the end of year three at the latest unless something really bad happens to the industry.

Check out 5.3(b).

It says if you bid and are awarded a capt or fo position you are seat and equipment locked for 2 years. The only exception to the 2 yrs seat and equipment lock is the BBJ.

Seat Lock Issue

be-400xpdriver.........thanks for your input. But, what about

5.3 (a) (i)
5.3 (a) (ii)
5.3 (a) (ii) 2 ??

Thanks again for your input

be-400xpdriver.........thanks for your input. But, what about

5.3 (a) (i)
5.3 (a) (ii)
5.3 (a) (ii) 2 ??

Thanks again for your input

5.3(a)(i) only applies to new hires. If you are here two years and your seat lock is up then you are no longer a new hire.

5.3(a)(ii)(1) and 5.3(a)(ii)(2) applies to fo's, bypass pay and non bypass pay, that where on property before the new contract was signed. It only applies to thier original seat lock that was in existance at the time the contract was signed.

5.3(b) title say it all Subsequent equipment locks. Meaning any equipment/seat lock after your original/new hire seat lock or if your most recent seat lock has expired.

If your origianl seat lock is up then you bid a new fo position then that is a subsequent equipment/seat lock.

Last edited:
5.3 Seat Lock

be-400xpdriver.........Thanks again for the response. Note: I was on property before the signing of the contract. Moreover, why would a new hire or non- bypass FO have more flexibility than some other FO on the seniority list before the contract was signed? If you feel I'm beating a dead horse, or barking up a dead tree.......Please excuse my stupidity bro! These area's seem gray to me??? Maybe I pulled to many "G's"! Thanks again for your input.

they all have the same flexability. You all did not choose to be in what ever airplane the company put you in and you did not choose the equipment/seat lock. But when you bid another airplane you choose the new equipment/seat lock.

All fo's in thier original lock can bid to capt. If you choose after the lock is up to bid another fo position then you choose the lock. Ask this question on the union board and get the same answer from the union big wigs.

5.3(b)

be-400xpdriver...........Thanks again for the clairification. If you were in my shoes and your seat lock was expiring in NOV and there are 300 guys ahead of you and upgrades are at a snell pace........What would you do? Would you take a chance with another FO seat lock, or would you wait for the upgrade award?Thanks again advance. Heck, anyone else want to chime inn, would be appreciated......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back