Netjets - Say Hello To Your First Global

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I suspect the Gulfstream pilots at Netjets won't be so thrilled to hear this (or maybe the pilots flying the older GIVSPs will?). You tell me. Personally, I would have rather seen you guys buy the G650 at the higher end but I am sure Bombardier offered Sokol a GREAT price for the Globals. I'd be curious to hear what the Gulfstream-loving passengers/owners think about the upcoming Globals - do they care or not care?

Will the older GIVSPs go first and be swapped out one-for-one? Anyone know (or guess) how the fleets will be switched? Will Netjets Europe also replace their current G550s with Globals from this order?

See the news from AINOnline below:

Bombardier Aerospace and NetJets celebrated the rollout of the fractional provider’s first Global-series jet today, in this case a Global 6000 (neé XRS). Last March, NetJets placed an order for 50 Globals worth $2.8 billion, as well as options for an additional 70, breaking the fractional provider’s tradition of buying only Gulfstreams for its large-cabin jet fleets. Executives from NetJets and Bombardier, as well as 1,000 Bombardier employees, were on hand for this morning’s ceremony at the Canadian aircraft manufacturer’s plant in Toronto. After the event, the green aircraft was ferried to Bombardier’s Global completion center in Dorval, Quebec, for outfitting. NetJets’ Global 6000s, to be configured for up to 13 passengers, will feature an aft-cabin state room and full-service galley. Donald Strench, vice president of fleet planning and acquisitions at NetJets, said the Global series “is ideally suited to our owners’ needs for safety, extended range, superior reliability, cabin comfort and operating efficiency.” NetJets’ firm order includes 30 ultra-long-range Global 5000s and 6000s, with deliveries scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter. It also includes firm orders for 20 extended-range Global 7000s and 8000s, for delivery starting in 2017.

Last edited:
So how does this work. An owner in an old depreciated G5 is going to be asked to renew into a brand new expensive Global? Are that many going to want to throw down that kind of cash? I guess I'm wondering what you guys are going to do with all those big planes, since our people are telling us that there is no market for new owners.

How many Gs does NetJets own?

Also, 2.8 billion for 50 planes works out to be 56 million a piece for the Globals???

So how does this work. An owner in an old depreciated G5 is going to be asked to renew into a brand new expensive Global? Are that many going to want to throw down that kind of cash? I guess I'm wondering what you guys are going to do with all those big planes, since our people are telling us that there is no market for new owners.

winner, winner, meatloaf with sweet potato dinner....only the biggest of suckers will pony up multi-millions for an aircraft share they will most likely rarely see.

How many Gs does NetJets own?

Also, 2.8 billion for 50 planes works out to be 56 million a piece for the Globals???

Quoting list prices is simply a marketing ploy. Kinda like using safety as a way to lure in prospects.

winner, winner, meatloaf with sweet potato dinner....only the biggest of suckers will pony up multi-millions for an aircraft share they will most likely rarely see.

I agree. But then again, someone will buy a high end Mercedes and drive it off the lot brand new, and then a few years later, sell it and buy another new one.

NJA also has a lease program. Just like a car, at the end of a lease you can turn around and sign a new one with a brand spanking new plane. NJA would make more money leasing the plane over and over rather than selling out right shares.

I always thought NJA should also have charter service and then have three tiers of service (ownership, card holders, and charter) and use its core fleet for this. We would be the largest charter company on Earth. Oh wait, what am I thinking, they have EJM and it's eating NJ alive! Funny how NJ pilots are being threatened with more furloughs and EJM is hiring. Hmmm......

I agree. But then again, someone will buy a high end Mercedes and drive it off the lot brand new, and then a few years later, sell it and buy another new one.
Now imagine that same high-end new Mercedes buyer was now driving a 5 year old car every day. How do you think they would feel?

Now imagine that same high-end new Mercedes buyer was now driving a 5 year old car every day. How do you think they would feel?

If this was you at NJ, a 5 year old GIV/450 would be "new". Isn't most of the fleet much older?

Hopefully the fact will still remain that NJA is going to be taking delivery of its first new airframe in nearly 3-4 years. (Once the keys are firmly in hand:eek:)

And even though many in the Union, (one attempted recalled Pres.) thinks that the order is not going to happen. NJA is putting up quite a show for a/c they aren't going to take delivery of.

I've always enjoyed the Bombardier products. Never flew a GIV/V but know they are nice. Hopefully they sell well and more deliveries will commence, starting a long overdue turnaround.... Ok that's stretching it a bit.

Latest resources

Back