• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you guys still get to select lunch items from a menu, etc like you used to do (e.g., salmon )? How does that work? I always thought that was a nice perk.

Yes we do, but it's not a "perk" it's a productivity tool for the company so they can keep us on duty at the airport rather than provide lunch/dinner breaks while we go find something to eat at a restaurant.

As far as how it works, we submit our orders from an app on the Black Berry the night before, and the food is delivered to whatever FBO we happen to be at the next day.

Personally, I'd rather they just give me the time off to go get a decent meal at a restaurant.

One of the recent departures was actually to Allegiant.

Sad commentary on the state of affairs.

So yeah, the frustration level is rising rapidly. It's beginning to translate into moving the fence sitters off the barbed wire....

I know a guy who can't get out of Allegient fast enough and is coming back to ole NJ. He said as bad as NJ may have become, It can't compare to Allegient and their crappy bidding system.

Varying opinions is what makes the world go around I suppose. Who am I to get in the way of someone leaving and opening a spot for myself:D

I am a 9 year SIC at NJA and I am not in a hurry to get out. I would consider UA or maybe DL, but that's it for me. This is not the job it was 5 years ago but it sucks less than many other ones out there.

I think a lot of F/Os are in this position. While things have been pretty stagnant here many have the necessary PIC time from their previous jobs.

The following is just speculation: In the past, some pilots here had trouble getting an interview with the Majors (and AirTran) because their experience wasn't in a 121 environment. I suspect, the airlines won't have the luxury of passing over NJ applicants now. One reason would be that they are reluctant to rob pilots from their own regionals. They could probably take from a competitor's regionals but this could get nasty. Not saying they wouldn't .... but there are fewer majors and we might see some cooperation among them in this regard. Call it a conspiracy.

As bad as you think it might be here, regionals are having a @#$^& of a time recruiting and now F/Os must be nearly as qualified as they are here. I think they'll try everything short of paying them to keep them from leaving.

The four NJ furloughees at JUS think going back NJ is the best thing in the world compared to flying 50 year old airplanes in to dark Mexican airports at night and having to unload the cargo. They would be happy finishing their careers in the right seat.

I'm not sure I'd say "happy to finish in the right seat", but I'm not leaving Flexjet and I'm still stuck there. Hoping to move (one seat over) in the next couple years.

I'm not sure I'd say "happy to finish in the right seat", but I'm not leaving Flexjet and I'm still stuck there. Hoping to move (one seat over) in the next couple years.
When you are over 60 pushing freight in the back of a DA-20 to have your pay doubled to sit in the right seat of a NJ airplane makes that right seat the best thing that can happen to you before you have to hang it all up. At that age it is all relative, flying is about job security at a decent wage..

Latest resources

Back