• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really wish experience counted for something in aviation as it does in medicine, but it doesn't. Ask yourself, what would Chuck Yeager be if he were hired by NJ tomorrow? The lowest paid F/O on the seniority list.
Doctors, like Tax accountants, marketing directors etc have unique skills that the job market can not easily fill, therefore that have to pay more to find hte right people. Pilots skills are nearly universal, anyone with a vertain level of skill and desire can fly an airplane. You fly airplanes because you like to, it is then a great job.

Last edited:
A job with terrible QOL and low pay is not a great job, even if it is doing something you enjoy.

A job with terrible QOL and low pay is not a great job, even if it is doing something you enjoy.
Then you find another job, there are lots of them out there and they all have a "this sucks" factor in the job. or you vote with your feet. If enough pilots walk it does get mangment's attenion, in the spring of 1998 we lost 25% of our DC-9 pilots in a three month period. Management rasied the pay and gave more days off until attrition settled to manageable level.

Last edited:
But if you like to fly, wouldn't it be a great job? Just like you said? Or are you admitting that your favorite catch phrase is a bunch of crap?

"Flying is the best job in the world as long as you don't have to rely on it as a source of income"‏

:beer:

But if you like to fly, wouldn't it be a great job? Just like you said? Or are you admitting that your favorite catch phrase is a bunch of crap?
Ah! a little name calling; so FI,

:beer:
"Flying is the best job in the world as long as you don't have to rely on it as a source of income"‏

Of course there has to be a certain level of QOL and pay to make a flying job work. NJ is there, JUS not so much, but I am happy and it works for me.

Last edited:
...but I am happy and it works for me.

And I think that is key. For some it's pure money. Others it's the schedule. Some need to "compensate" and fly the biggest there is. Others want benefits. Or location. What works for some won't for others. I have a number at Port Columbus and won't be returning. The guys next to me on the list might.

And I think that is key. For some it's pure money. Others it's the schedule. Some need to "compensate" and fly the biggest there is. Others want benefits. Or location. What works for some won't for others. I have a number at Port Columbus and won't be returning. The guys next to me on the list might.
Thank you ++ on this post

YIP you need to learn the difference between name calling and saying your opinion is pure crap.

YIP you need to learn the difference between name calling and saying your opinion is pure crap.

Does learning have anything to do with a college degree

Latest resources

Back