• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And anyone who finds NJA unacceceptable in its current form is ungrateful in your opinion.
Not at all ungrateful, just out of touch with reality when compared to other jobs flying medium sized airplanes

Not at all ungrateful, just out of touch with reality when compared to other jobs flying medium sized airplanes

You're making the wrong comparison Yip.

You shouldn't be looking at the planes, but rather the CREW that pilot them.

I'm sure you know there are numerous "entry-level" corporate and charter jobs that operate similar equipment to what we fly. ("medium-sized airplanes" as you described them)

In fact, early in my career as a "freshly-minted" 500 hour First Officer, I flew charter for one of these companies in an aircraft very similar to the one I now fly for NJ.

In the here and now, I'm essentially performing the same duties as I did all those years ago, but for a larger compensation package.

So why do you think that is?

Do you suppose several thousand hours of experience and a few decades worth of additional experience have anything to do with it?

You could make a similar comparison between a recent medical school graduate and a surgical veteran. Although both are licensed the same, and both technically possess the same skillset, who do you think commands the higher salary?

Once upon a time, experience used to matter to NJ and they were willing to pay for seasoned flight crew.

Sadly, those days seem to be over.

NJ is no longer remotely competitive with other company compensation packages who are hiring pilots with the same level of training, experience, and qualifications.

In this regard, I believe they are the ones "out of touch with reality..."

Last edited:
YIP is just of the mindset of "everyone should be happy that their job isn't as bad as someone elses".....

Allowing yourself to be subject to mediocrity does not mean everyone else should be ok with it.... It's the drive to be better or achieve more that makes some highly successful in this industry... (there are also some who are driven but just had the misfortune of bad timing or just not getting the call although they deserved it)

YIP is just of the mindset of "everyone should be happy that their job isn't as bad as someone elses".....
wrong, my post was just the opposite, the furloughed NJ guys at JUS are moving from mediocrity to a much better place when they get their recalls. Compared to what they have now being a NJ F/O for the rest of their life would double their current pay and give them much better QOL. What is wrong with that.

You're making the wrong comparison Yip.

You shouldn't be looking at the planes, but rather the CREW that pilot them.

I'm sure you know there are numerous "entry-level" corporate and charter jobs that operate similar equipment to what we fly. ("medium-sized airplanes" as you described them)

In fact, early in my career as a "freshly-minted" 500 hour First Officer, I flew charter for one of these companies in an aircraft very similar to the one I now fly for NJ.

In the here and now, I'm essentially performing the same duties as I did all those years ago, but for a larger compensation package.

So why do you think that is?

Do you suppose several thousand hours of experience and a few decades worth of additional experience have anything to do with it?

You could make a similar comparison between a recent medical school graduate and a surgical veteran. Although both are licensed the same, and both technically possess the same skillset, who do you think commands the higher salary?

Once upon a time, experience used to matter to NJ and they were willing to pay for seasoned flight crew.

Sadly, those days seem to be over.

NJ is no longer remotely competitive with other company compensation packages who are hiring pilots with the same level of training, experience, and qualifications.

In this regard, I believe they are the ones "out of touch with reality..."

I really wish experience counted for something in aviation as it does in medicine, but it doesn't. Ask yourself, what would Chuck Yeager be if he were hired by NJ tomorrow? The lowest paid F/O on the seniority list.

I really wish experience counted for something in aviation as it does in medicine, but it doesn't. Ask yourself, what would Chuck Yeager be if he were hired by NJ tomorrow? The lowest paid F/O on the seniority list.

We're only paid what we can negotiate....

Why do you think Physicians in other countries earn considerably less than their US counterparts?

Look no further than The American Medical Association (AMA) -- arguably the most successful trade union in history.

Why do you think Physicians in other countries earn considerably less than their US counterparts?

Look no further than The American Medical Association (AMA) -- arguably the most successful trade union in history.

True dat

Yea that was kinda my point.

Latest resources

Back