• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bit of a loss on your grip on reality, but that's nothing new for you, yip.

A bit of a loss on your grip on reality, but that's nothing new for you, yip.
Reality and FI in same sentence, now that is an oxymoron, reality is in eye of the beholder.

LOL, hey why don't you tell us the story again how the union ruined your career.

How did this go from NJA recalls to picking on PilotYip? The dude has a job and says he's happy with it. Why does anyone else give a flying f!@# what he does, doesn't do, thinks, or doesn't think?

Live and let live perhaps?

Because YIP's views are pretty comical. Blaming the union for his lot in life, thinking that the love of flght makes for a good flying job, etc. He's the one interjecting these opinions into the discussion, and therefore his opinions are open for response. Just as mine are, but it's tough to argue with reality.

Last edited:
Because YIP's views are pretty comical. Blaming the union for his lot in life, thinking that the love of flght makes for a good flying job, etc. He's the one interjecting these opinions into the discussion, and therefore his opinions are open for response. Just as mine are, but it's tough to argue with reality.

So, how about a new thread then bashing all the guys and gals on FI that we don't like? Perhaps in the non-aviation section?

LOL, hey why don't you tell us the story again how the union ruined your career.
You can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I have said they ruined my career, in fact I would have to thank them for forcing me into a better job. In my case they certainly have not done anything to advance my career. In many ways you remind me of what I did not like about the union activists. They were never happy, they always had something that was not good enough. If you picked up open time you were almost a scab. Me I don't like the conflict and want to do everything I can to see my employer continue to employ me. I that bad? There the old joke I have used for the union battle cry of " more pay and more days" off until of course you have no pay and all your days off.

How did this go from NJA recalls to picking on PilotYip? The dude has a job and says he's happy with it. Why does anyone else give a flying f!@# what he does, doesn't do, thinks, or doesn't think?

Live and let live perhaps?

YIP is 10x worse than anything the General puts out.. Atleast the General interjects in topics that are of concern to him or in direct correlation to his job (primarily anything to do with Delta, Delta Connections, or for some reason SWA) But atleast the General has some factual data, and puts together compelling arguements at times. I actually read the Generals thoughts because he does have sound ideas and does his homework.... Whether or not he rubs regional guys the wrong way is another story.

YIP has 3 main points at all times:

1) a college degree does not matter in aviation. (ironically he works for a bottom of the barrell company where most without college would usually end up)

2) Usually has some form of comment about Unions and his once illustrious career at Zantop.. Do a Wikipedia search of Zantop.. Lets just say it doesn't appear they were on their way to be the next Delta or NJA.

3) Becasue NJA is better than JUS, nobody should be complaining about NJA...

These are his broken record talking points in almost every post/forum/topic.... There is no factual data, no proof or inside knowledge to back up any of his comments... We all comment on NJA because we either work or worked there... We have a level of knowledge about the company that he doesn't.

He likes his job, fine.... I think there is a nice forum called 135 or charter where YIP can have a field day with JUS/Zantop.... Otherwise he can get picked on here.. He's a grown up, I'm sure he can handle the comments made on a internet forum.

I personally think he is a weak individual who would be the first to cross a picket line, or undercut another because he is fearful of losing a job. He seems, to me, to be an employers wet dream. A pushover who will jump as high as a boss tells him to. But that's just my opinion from his posts here..

Last edited:
1) a college degree does not matter in aviation. (ironically he works for a bottom of the barrell company where most without college would usually end up)
Again our realities don't match. At JUS almost all the pilots have a college degree. Why because almost all pilots have them, but as I have seen it has very little to do with success in the cockpit. I think the experience at JUS speaks for itself where these pilots without college degrees go on to jobs at SWA, UAL, NJ, JB, spirit, etc. Not to mention the college degree guys who go on to Atlas, FedEx, UPS, AAL, ect.

In fact a few years back when JUS was doing one of it regular lay off's NJ came to KYIP and set up interviews for some of these non-college educated pilots because they had been so impressed with the quality of the previous JUS pilots they had hired.

This guy get it

Having been around the block a few times...well...maybe MORE than jsut a few...:

(1) I don't know ANYONE from Chuck Yeager on down who was born with 1500 hours...EVERYONE has to start somewhere!

(2) Just because people apply for a job where the experience minimums are low doesn't mean that they are all worthless....there will be diamonds in each batch that are good, smart, hardworking and honest people. The problem comes in when management hasn't either the experience, judgment or training to tell the diamonds in the rough from the pea gravel.

(3) The people that DO get through the process and work one of the hardest rows to hoe get some REALLY GOOD hands-on, REAL TIME training (as we used to call it "OJT") working as a freight dawg. I know some VERY good pilots that flew rotten schedules in equipment with more empty holes in the panel than ones with actual instruments in them and did this into "dark airports in Mexico" in all kinds of crappy weather. And what they got out of this trip thought the school of hard knocks was good training, well developed judgement, great stick and rudder skills (autopilot? What's an "autopilot"?) and, if they hung in there for any amount of time and gave it their best..they either developed or were raised in the first place to have a good work ethic.

(4) Folks that come up this way are VERY GOOD candidates for the "cherry" jobs that one can apply for and get if the people doing the selection know what they want and what to look for.

All that having been said.....I came up through the military training/flying/system/standards (prior to doing the corporate thing for another 20 years) and, by nature, tend to want and look for guys that are "just like me, came up through a system with known standards, had to go out and do crazy sh*t in who knows what and where, been there and done that, etc..." but it is damned hard and VERY UNREALISTIC and likely also stupid to ignore a good, hard working, well trained civilian (oooohh..did I just SAY THAT??) FREIGHT DOG!!!!

BTW: I think I also detect a bit of "How dare someone with fr8dawg stink dare to post on a thread with professional pilots" "These losers from the bottom feeders never worked as hard as true professional pilot or they would be a good as me". "That the elements of luck and timing never played a part in the true professional pilot's career because they were just so good that the good jobs came to them automatically"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back