• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets or Flexjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you have to ask, then you would be better at Flexjet. There is no way you can compare the two.

Flexjets parent company is in the business to make planes. Not to rule the fractional industry.

Netjets is in the Fractional business.

Pilots at Netjets are together and strong.

Flexjets pilots, well, they are Flexjets pilots.

Netjets is in the Fractional business.
I thought the Net jet parent company is in business to make a profit? Rumor has it, old Warren is gettin' tired of handing out 20s to his read-headed step-child.

I thought the Net jet parent company is in business to make a profit? Rumor has it, old Warren is gettin' tired of handing out 20s to his read-headed step-child.

Jonjon, Get your facts straight then post.

As for Flex or NJA, do whatever your gut is telling you to do.

Is there a specific website to go to to apply for Flex Jet jobs? Are they even hiring right now? I know that NJ is. Any other information would be great.

OMG

I don't think the upgrade time of 3-5 years at NJA is accurate. I was hired in Feb and have 320 pilots junior to me already, with 2 classes scheduled per month indefinately. Also, there will be some significant attrition here after the first of the year with the second payout of the signing bonus.
I've been looking at the numbers and I conclude 2-3 years for an upgrade if one is willing to take the first A/C available. I met a SIC last tour who just finished his second year with NJA. He said he missed an upgrade slot by one number.

Is there a specific website to go to to apply for Flex Jet jobs? Are they even hiring right now? I know that NJ is. Any other information would be great.

OMG

Flex just hired approximately 15-18 and per HR they have all the pilots they need until early next year.

Why will there be attrition starting?

The word is that somewhere between 400 and 0 pilots will be leaving after the payout of the second signing bonus. These are guys who came here to fly a couple years and then retire, but decided to stick around for the contract fight and the signing bonus payout. Now are these numbers accurate?? That is the fifty dollar question, however if I was a betting man, and I have been known to bet from time to time, I would say the number is somewhere around 200, with more over the next year or so. I personally know around 20 who are gone in the new year.

Time will tell.

Club ORD FO, I don't think you've been at Flex very long because that nice
"smaller company" atmosphere is a smoke screen. Give the schedulers time to FYO and they will. They will call you at 3:00am after you've been asleep for about 3 hours thinking you're not out until noon the next day and want you to fly across the country to cover a trip from SFO to LAX and your sitting in PWK! Then there is the deal where they want you to fly up to the 14 hours scheduled and your know if any owners are late you will go over 14. Then you get to the last leg and there is no way you are going to stay in the duty time and end up doing 16 hours of duty so you won't disappoint the owners. All because of this "nice" atmosphere. I think you "should" take pride in your company and work to make it the GREAT company it should be.

Well this I just have to comment on... yeah I am new here. Yes, maybe I have not been here long enough, or worked a busy season yet, to know how bad it can get. I am curious what other properties you have flown for? I am getting screwed over a hell of a lot less here than at ACA/Independence, which was considered to be one of the best places to work for a pilot. Try flying in and out of ORD all day long and see how many times a thunderstorm turns your day into 15 hours followed by 8 hours of "rest" at a comfort inn. And airline reserve is a hell of a lot worse than our "reserve" Think airport standby, a lot of airport standyby...and not in a cushy signature FBO.

So, comparing this new gig to my old airline job, I work a hell of a lot less and sleep a hell of a lot more. And I got a rasie after being an FO for 5 years. The only thing I miss is not knowing what time the phone is going to ring, which means I can not easily plan a sightseeing trip anywhere I go.

But, with all that said, yeah I think a few changes are in order (Gateways Rick!!!) but I at least feel like they are working towards a solution. Being new, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Perhaps a year from now I'll be singing a different tune, we'll see.... In all fairness I did, like many independence guys here, apply to NJ first but got turned down. When you look at the two on paper, NJ pay and benefits made it an easy choice. But the interview process made me glad that NJ tunred me down. Totally different attitudes.... So now I am at a company I enjoy working for. I think/hope the compensation will catch up to NJ. once again, we'll see...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back