• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets or Flexjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow this is as good as watching the old fights between the Majors and the Regional guys LOL. As I said before you cant go wrong going to NJA, Flex or CS.

Bailey

I know of a few pilots who left flex for netjets. Last I heard they were very happy with their choice. The only compalint is that they miss the Lear. ( both are U boat captains now ) Im not sure if ther are any pilots who left nja for flex though. I was offered employement at both and chose netjets. Im sure glad I did. But thats just me. Im sure flex is a fine company to work for.

Hi!

I know a guy at FlexJet out of DFW. He likes it a lot.

I would love to have a 7/7 (or even a 14/14) schedule. 7 days on would be a lot less than many of my duty segment lengths (I'm currently on a 9 day now). I have even had a number of duty segments over 14. I think about 25 days in a row was my longest (no, actually 45 was my longest, but that was military, so I guess it doesn't count here).

The biggest advantage would be getting 1/2 your days off-wow!

cliff
YIP

I know of guys going to NWA because the quality of life is a LOT better than their current job.

Can any netjets guys clarify the schedules for me?? I keep reading that a "portion" of pilots get 7/7, the others get 12 days off. I assume 7/7 is the more senior choice. Is that right? Does it take long to get a 7/7 schedule?
Thanks!
Ohh yeah, one more question. Are you hired for a specific base or do you bid for it? Which bases are junior/senior?

Can any netjets guys clarify the schedules for me?? I keep reading that a "portion" of pilots get 7/7, the others get 12 days off. I assume 7/7 is the more senior choice. Is that right? Does it take long to get a 7/7 schedule?
Thanks!
Ohh yeah, one more question. Are you hired for a specific base or do you bid for it? Which bases are junior/senior?

There is 7/7 and there is "reserve". In the airline world, reserve is for the junior guys. In the NJ world, since reserve is less days off ( more days available), they pay the reserves more. If you want 7/7 schedule, dont worry, should be available....I got it out of indoc, and I didnt even bid.

When hired, you are offered the job and assigned (or choose) a airplane type. I think now, if you get hired into CMH, you can bid DAL (or whatever domiciles).

Does this help?

There is 7/7 and there is "reserve". In the airline world, reserve is for the junior guys. In the NJ world, since reserve is less days off ( more days available), they pay the reserves more. If you want 7/7 schedule, dont worry, should be available....I got it out of indoc, and I didnt even bid.

When hired, you are offered the job and assigned (or choose) a airplane type. I think now, if you get hired into CMH, you can bid DAL (or whatever domiciles).

Does this help?
Yes, this helps. Thanks! I am really only interested in Dallas, just wanted to make sure it would be available.
Thanks Again.

Per the Domicile LOA, the company has to make the domicile openings available to the pilots on the seniority list first. So yes, from the domicile city you are hired into you can bid for another as long as you match the seat/fleet needed. There are some stings attached, though. So it's best to read that section of the contract and the accompanying Domicile LOA to make sure you know what you're getting into. It's also your responsibility to keep up with the openings. You have to pay close attention to when the bids come out. If ya snooze ya lose.

Schedule availability can vary from fleet to fleet, but if S&S is so inclined he can contact the union scheduling committee and get a good idea of availability for the 7&7 in the different fleets.

If there's a method to domicile assigning, I haven't heard of it. But given that there are only 5 to choose from...:rolleyes: one would expect that eventually DAL openings will become available.
Good Luck!
NJW

To add to what others have already posted, the company is usually asking applicants what their domicile preference is and seems to be interviewing candidates as their domicile preferences open up. So if you want DAL and indicate that choice, you shouldn't experience a situation in your interview where you'd be told that they are only hiring for TEB or CMH.

As for what has been said about bidding into another domicile, it is by fleet/seat. And if I recall correctly, once you bid into a new domicile, you are locked into that city for 2 years. There is a possibility that you can simply swap domiciles with another pilot, but they must be in the same fleet/seat as you are.

My sim partner was a flex guy. He said he was tired of the working conditions and decided to come to netjets. I've since met a flew flex guys and they liked working there.. I think netjets would be your best bet, but either way it's better then working at the airlines.

I'm a 7 year Cpt at NJA. If you want 7/7, you will get it. As a matter of fact, as intimated earlier, the most senior pilots usually bid reserve because of the better pay. So don't worry..7/7 is available to almost all. However, when you're in training for a new fleet or new to a fleet (ie you bid a new a/c) you will be reserve for at least a quarter. But that's no biggie.. before you know it, you're on 7/7.
I can say that as a 7 year Cpt here, it's pretty good. I get 3 weeks of vacation (9 weeks really), choice of most airplanes (minus the DA200EZ, BBJ and GIV/V) and a nice type of flying. Of course, I'm not sure how it is for the newbies but you won't be a newbie forever.

Latest resources

Back