Netjets New Payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FamilyGuy said:
Like being a union stooge is any better. The only reason the other NetJets employees are posting on this board is that they are sick and tired to seeing a few malcontents bash a very good company.

The only reason you guys get on here and bad-mouth the company is that you dont want people to come here - its another union tool to try and put pressure on the company.

Everyone sees through your smoke screen.

Telling a potential newhire about what he can realistically expect to get paid his first couple of years is hardly a union tool!!

FamilyGuy said:
The only reason you guys get on here and bad-mouth the company is that you dont want people to come here - its another union tool to try and put pressure on the company.
Maybe we could fool potential new-hires into coming here by lying about how great the pay is and brag about the rapid upgrade time :eek: . Would that make you happy, or does the truth disturb you? When I came here, had someone told me that it would have taken this long to get the pay where HR/Pilot Recruitment said it would be I would have run the other way. Shame on me for believing the representatives of this company but I'll be danged if I'll try to fool the next guy.

Sure, it helps the pilot's cause if the company is unable to attract potential new hires. There sure isn't a pilot shortage but there is a big shortage of pilots willing to work for what the company is currently offering. It's pretty apparent that we won't have a new contract anytime soon until we use some leverage to encourage the company to increase our pay. The company already tried upping new-hire pay (only), to try to alleviate their recruiting problem. The union said increase everyone's pay or none at all. No playing favorites only when it benefits you (the company).

I guess that was just another company tool to try to put pressure on the pilots. Are you unhappy with management for trying that approach? Look, I don't know if you have an agenda or you honestly believe what you write. I know you want to look after the company's interest since you work there (if you actually do). I know it seems like those bad ol' pilots are going to run your company into the ground. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Bottom line - it doesn't matter to me what you think because it's our contract to negotiate, not yours. Now send me my crew food, release, or whatever your job description calls for or I'm cancelling the next leg ;). No eatee, no flyee.

Seven day tour...

Six pax legs...one of those was the same gal for two legs....

Five birds in seven days...only one was for maint...

But it's the pilots fault we're in dire straits here?

the deal

dsptchrNJA said:
What does your opinion with me have to do with financials? Stick to the issues.

Well then here it is.... NJA offered to open the NJA books ONLY. The Union wants to see ALL of the books, for Net Jets, Inc. That includes NetJets International, NetJets Europe, NetJets Management, NetJets Middle East, NetJets Asia. They also want to see FSI books, since they are a BH company. We want to know the financial relationship between NJA and Marquis. Without ALL of this information it is impossible to discern the TRUE flow of money. And the company will not provide this information. Why? Because they know that it will show that NetJets, Inc. is very profitable and in a huge growth phase all over the world.

Let's give you a perfect scenario.. This is actually happening ALL THE TIME.
An NJA jet pulls up to the NJM hangar at HPN. The CPt asks for 2 qts of oil. The charge??? $97... For TWO quarts of oil??? To the SAME company???

There are numerous examples of this kind of money movement. Why? Because NJA is the only NetJets, Inc company that in unionized. So it is better for NJA to show a loss.... for bargaining purposes.

Also, NJA has been supporting NJE for years. NJA talked about a "modest" profit. Yet what they fail to tell you is that all of the losses of NJE were supported by NJA. Management has been using NJE as an excuse for our low wages for 3 years.... what next??? NJ China???

If you aren't smart enough to see what's going on in this regard, then you should take some business classes.

Last edited:
Majik said:
Maybe we could fool potential new-hires into coming here by lying about how great the pay is and brag about the rapid upgrade time :eek: . Would that make you happy, or does the truth disturb you? When I came here, had someone told me that it would have taken this long to get the pay where HR/Pilot Recruitment said it would be I would have run the other way. Shame on me for believing the representatives of this company but I'll be danged if I'll try to fool the next guy.

I've never advocated lying to potential new hires. I've always believed that full disclosure is the best course for everyone involved. The simple truth is that while you have a legitimate gripe about your pay, everything else at NetJets is actually pretty good. I've seen several strong union supporters state on this board that they like the work, the schedules, the benefits, etc....but they want a raise. I dont fault them for that....everybody wants more money. The point is, if you bring up the bad, make sure you bring up the good as well. You should give a fair and balanced point of view.....not just slanted to one side.

Majik said:
Sure, it helps the pilot's cause if the company is unable to attract potential new hires. There sure isn't a pilot shortage but there is a big shortage of pilots willing to work for what the company is currently offering. It's pretty apparent that we won't have a new contract anytime soon until we use some leverage to encourage the company to increase our pay. The company already tried upping new-hire pay (only), to try to alleviate their recruiting problem. The union said increase everyone's pay or none at all. No playing favorites only when it benefits you (the company).

The latest proposal from the company (and confirmed by pilots on this board) is between 23%-40%....sounds like it applies to everyone, not just one small group.

As for how long it will take to get your new deal, doesnt that depend on the union and the company agreeing on the cost of the proposals on the table and the company's financial condition? I find it hard to believe that it will take you years to figure that out.

Majik said:
I guess that was just another company tool to try to put pressure on the pilots. Are you unhappy with management for trying that approach? Look, I don't know if you have an agenda or you honestly believe what you write. I know you want to look after the company's interest since you work there (if you actually do). I know it seems like those bad ol' pilots are going to run your company into the ground. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Bottom line - it doesn't matter to me what you think because it's our contract to negotiate, not yours. Now send me my crew food, release, or whatever your job description calls for or I'm cancelling the next leg ;). No eatee, no flyee.

If it doesnt matter what I think, then why has the union put a NetJets employees section on their website?

You guys remember the full page ad NJA was running in the flying magazines trying to hire pilots? Do you remember the lie that was in the ad stating you would make about $60,000 your first year as a captain? Yep that some great truthful company.

Well then here it is.... NJA offered to open the NJA books ONLY. The Union wants to see ALL of the books, for Net Jets, Inc.

I believe this was always part of the corp equation IF the union had professional financial reps present. Please ask for the WHOLE story from both sides.

The union guys have to realize the union side has a spin and corporate guys realize corp side has a spin. Both have agendas, a part of those agendas is about the pilots but if the pilots believe for one minute that the Teamsters and their new local is all about pleasing the pilots you are quite nieve.

Right now you are being hazed into the fraternity- You are in hell week-I am not anti union, I am just saying keep your eyes open.

Both have agendas, a part of those agendas is about the pilots but if the pilots believe for one minute that the Teamsters and their new local is all about pleasing the pilots you are quite nieve.

You are absolutley correct about the company spinning and having an agenda. You are also correct about the Union having an agenda, however, its agenda is the mandate given it by the Member/Pilots. Unlike the previous Local that did have an agenda of its own. The people in charge are pilots elected by 89% of the piolts. The International has been very supportive as we move through the process of completing the change to Local 1108.

Latest resources

Back